Underwriter London Corporate Jobs Vacancy at Chubb London
Chubb London urgently required following position for Underwriter London Corporate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Underwriter London Corporate Jobs Vacancy at Chubb London Jobs Details:
London Corporate A&H Underwriter London Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer, with operations in 54 countries, exceptional financial strength, and a broad range of personal and commercial insurance products. We have a fantastic opportunity for an Underwriter to join our Accident & Health underwriting department in London. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates with existing underwriting experience or an assistant underwriter looking to take their next step into an underwriting role.
In this role you will support and implement the business strategy by undertaking risk selection, underwriting, administration, handling existing cases (renewals) and developing new business portfolio within specialist area.Key responsibilities:
- To underwrite new business or renewals according to defined underwriting guidelines, specified budget and local business plan
- To assist Underwriting Manager with development and management of portfolio, market profile and producer relationships. This involves regular liaison with brokers and/or clients. It may also involve liaison with Chubb business development managers.
- To maintain accurate files, monitor and maintain existing policies.
- May have some managerial responsibility for more junior members of the underwriting team. This involves supervising assistant and trainee underwriters by using the Chubb PMP and peer review process as well as providing mentoring, training and coaching where appropriate.
- To work within the framework of Chubb ethical and service standards
- May have ACII qualification, with considerable market experience.
- Continues to develop technical and broader business skills.
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of specialist product line, the insurance market and competitors.
- Solid experience of dealing with brokers and clients.
- Ability to make own decisions and work on own initiative.
- Multinational Insurance experience is desirable but not essential
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Medical cover
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Life Cover
- Subsidised gym membership
- Other Corporate Benefits