Cover Supervisor Jobs Vacancy at Gordon School Woking
Gordon School Woking urgently required following position for Cover Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cover Supervisor Jobs Vacancy at Gordon School Woking Jobs Details:
Hours: 8am – 5pm three days per week, 8am – 7.30pm one day per week and 8am – 3.35pm Fridays
Reports to: Deputy Head (Curriculum)
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 (depending on experience)
Main Purpose of the Job
To supervise classes during the short-term absence of the assigned teacher.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise work that has been set by a teacher (Period 1 to 7).
- Manage the behaviour of students whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment.
- Deal with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures.
- Collect completed work after the lesson and pass to the appropriate teacher.
- Report, as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures, on the behaviour of students during the class and on any problems arising.
- Additionally, 4 hours of House cover per week, including one evening until 7.30pm.
- Gordon’s School is a busy boarding school and the jobholder will be encouraged to contribute to the wider life of the school, for which additional remuneration is not paid.
- All staff are required to participate in training and other learning activities and in performance management and development, as required by the school’s policies and practices.
- Good educational qualification
- Willing and ability to be involved in extra-curricular activities, such as sport or the arts
- Ambition to teach or work in an educational setting
- Experience of working with children of the relevant age
- Competence in the use of ICT
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and within a team.
- Have ‘affable intensity’: a sense of humour, but retain sharp intensity for what needs to be done and ability to ‘get on with it’
- Understand that teaching is first and foremost about service and ‘going the extra mile' for the students
Gordon’s School is a State Boarding and Day School and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment – applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate screening including an enhanced DBS check.
Job Type: Full-time