Council Tax Enforcement Officer Jobs Vacancy at Capita Plc London
Capita Plc London urgently required following position for Council Tax Enforcement Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Council Tax Enforcement Officer Jobs Vacancy at Capita Plc London Jobs Details:
Role: Council Tax Enforcement Officer
Location: London Barnet
Contract: 6 months contract
Salary: £24,000 Pro Rata
Full-time Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week) although Part Time hours will be considered.
We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable and hardworking individuals with a strong work ethic to become part of their Council Tax Enforcement team based in Barnet.
The team are responsible for the collection of council tax arrears.
You will be responsible for liaising with customers face to face, in writing and by the telephone to negotiate and facilitate efficient collection of payment arrangements to clear outstanding arrears.
You will be using the Council’s Council Tax software (Civica) and will also be expected to utilise Microsoft Word and Excel as part of your duties.
To attend magistrates court and valuation tribunal courts on a regular basis to represent the authority in prosecuting cases against council tax defaulters.
- You will need excellent customer service and communication skills and enjoy working in a pressurised environment to meet deadlines.
- You must also be able to work on your own and use your initiative as well as work effectively as part of a team.
- You must have good IT skills as you will be responsible for the interrogation and updating of customer accounts accurately.
- Experience working in a local authority revenues collection service or similar environment.
- Detailed Knowledge of Council Tax legislation
- Experience using Civica Open Revenues
- A background in a customer service or debt recovery environment would also be advantageous, although full training will be provided.