Care Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Bupa Care Homes Gillingham
Bupa Care Homes Gillingham urgently required following position for Care Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Care Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Bupa Care Homes Gillingham Jobs Details:
Care Assistant – Bupa Care Homes
£7.55ph - £10.40ph + Excellent Benefits
The Mellowes Nursing Home
If you’re passionate about providing the very best care in a residential care home setting, consider a move to Bupa Care Homes. We provide expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to around 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our aim? To help each and every one of them to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Right now, we’re looking for an enthusiastic and committed Care Assistant to join the team at our care home in Gillingham. Whether providing long or short-term care that includes convalescence, respite and palliative care, our focus is on providing the highest quality service at all times. Is yours?
What you’ll be doing
As a Key Worker under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, taking responsibility for the physical and emotional well being and social needs of our residents
Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals
Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with residents, both individually and as a group
Helping to maintain accurate records, undertaking ongoing training and getting involved in welcoming and training new staff
Generally promoting our residents’ independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care
What you’ll need
Ideally, some experience in a care environment and an NVQ1 in Care, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team
A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and a willingness to undertake any aspects of care or non-care duties
A belief in giving your personal best at all times and striving for continuous improvement
What we’ll offer you in return
- A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
- Refer a friend payments of up to £1000
- Smile Everyday - a health and wellbeing package available to all permanent employees giving access to 24/7 health lines along with online wellbeing tools
- Discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental
- Interest free travel ticket loans/ Free onsite Parking/ Cycle to Work Scheme
- Child care vouchers
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Access to rewards, offers and discounts
- Hot meal provided on a 12 hour shift
- Uniform provided
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
- 20 days annual leave, Plus statutory bank holidays
- Recognition schemes including Everyday Heroes and annual National Care Home Awards
About the Home
The home has been specifically designed for residents in need of residential and nursing care. There are two attractive courtyard gardens attached to the home, which our residents are welcome to enjoy and relax in on warmer days and some of our rooms have views of the gardens.