Treasury Accountant Jobs Vacancy at The Body Shop London
The Body Shop London urgently required following position for Treasury Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Treasury Accountant Jobs Vacancy at The Body Shop London Jobs Details:
The Body Shop International is recruiting a full time Treasury Accountant to be based either in our Littlehampton HQ or in our East Croydon London HQ. This is a newly created position following the reorganisation of Treasury operations and the carve out from Global Group Treasury. The focus of the role is on accounting and disclosures for derivative transactions under IAS39/IFRS9 and risk management of the company with particular focus on FX risk exposure. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and management of a new hedge accounting system.
Why work for The Body Shop?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
The role in a nutshell
• Manage the implementation of the new hedge accounting module to replace the existing one, which will be soon decommissioned
• Perform monthly FX closing tasks including preparation of journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and other analyses for internal and external financial reporting.
• Reporting on realised and unrealised FX cash flow hedges gains/losses, intrinsic value, cost of hedging and stock deferral in accordance with IAS39 and other ad-hoc information.
• Working in conjunction with the Accounting Team on all aspects leading to the migration from IAS39 to IFRS9
• Prepare monthly reporting, analysis and communicating the financial performance across the business. This will also include delivering variance analysis (budget vs. actuals), management packs and Operational Metrics as required
• Hedge effectiveness on going assessments
• Responsible for the establishment of hedge accounting documentation
• Responsible for redrafting FX risk Policy
• Overall responsibility for the preparation of Group derivative accounting entries;
• Disclosure notes required as part of financial reporting
What you’ll need
• Knowledge of hedge accounting systems
• Experience with one of the big 4 preferable
• At least 2-4 years of experience in treasury operations in a multinational treasury will an advantage
• Strong IT and systems skills (SAP, TMS/Hedge Accounting tool, Reuters, Bloomberg, Excel).
• Strong problem solver with solid analytical skills and detailed oriented.
• Experience of negotiating with key stakeholders
• Working knowledge of writing procedures and processes
• Excellent organisational skills
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Essential ACCA, ACMA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent
• AMCT, MCT
Watersmead, Littlehampton, West Sussex/ East Croydon - London
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!