Supply Chain Operator Apprentice Jobs Vacancy at Peake Ltd Liskeard
Peake Ltd Liskeard urgently required following position for Supply Chain Operator Apprentice. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Supply Chain Operator Apprentice Jobs Vacancy at Peake Ltd Liskeard Jobs Details:
Peake GB are a long established company based in Liskeard. They are looking to award a limited number of Supply Chain Logistics apprenticeships to those who show an aptitude or interest in logistics and also LGV driving. Training will take place alongside the normal duties as a Plant Operative at their site, where you will not only learn the intricacies of the business whilst in a hands-on role, but also by participating in a driver training package on and off site to C+E level, with responsibilities gradually increasing throughout the 12 month period to that of an LGV driver.
As a Plant Operative you will:
- Learn to work in recycling materials
- Operating plant machinery
- Safely loading and unloading vehicles
- Securing loads in a safe manner and operating the incinerator
- Complying with H&S legislation at all times
- You will need to be able to meet the physical demands of the role and unafraid of hard work, often working outside at all times of the year
- Be a qualified to C+E Driver with CPC and ADR to Class 6
- Have a Level 2 qualification in Supply Chain Logistics
- Be confident in your driving abilities occasionally in narrow lanes with restricted access
- Know how your role fits into the running of the business
- Be aware of your responsibilities as a driver and act in a safe manner and within the law at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Level 1 Functional Skills, or grade E or above GCSE, however not mandatory as training is provided
- Category B Licence (Car) due to the nature of the role
- Be able to meet the physical demands of the role and have a keen attention to detail
- Good team working ethics and an understanding of what makes a good team player
- Have no pre-existing medical conditions and free from addictions (drug and alcohol) that would prevent you from passing the HGV Medical
- Be able to pass the HGV eye test
- Any construction plant/forklift qualifications are an advantage
Future prospectsOn successful completion of the apprenticeship, you are guaranteed an interview for a permanent, full-time job within Peake GB Ltd.
Things to considerOften outside in all weathers.