And Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Thomson Ltd London
Thomson Ltd London urgently required following position for And Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
And Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Thomson Ltd London Jobs Details:
Findmypast is the technology company behind the online genealogy brand Findmypast and the social history brand The British Newspaper Archive. We have millions of registered users and billions of records that we can surface to them.
This role is an exciting opportunity to take on a multi-faceted and varied role at the heart of the business. If you’re an organisational genius who loves logistics, this is the role for you! From day one, you will be trusted with three diaries, and expected to work as a right hand to our Executive team, helping to maximise their time and help them be fully prepared for everything that comes their way.
You will also work closely with our HR team supporting the smooth running of our recruitment process and helping to coordinate other important HR procedures as well as having the opportunity to get involved in other exciting ad-hoc projects.
Working closely with the EA to the CEO you’ll build a close working relationship which is focused on good communication skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
Responsibilities of the role
PA Duties will include:
- Smooth running and coordination of the Exec schedules; including liaising with external suppliers, setting up meetings and ironing out clashes within the diary, whilst gatekeeping their very busy diaries.
- Coordinating meetings (liaising with IT, Facilities manager, setting up google hangouts, Skype calls to ensure smooth running of meetings)
- Fielding telephone calls/emails, actioning or delegating where feasible and highlighting those requiring urgent attention
- Preparing and submitting expenses for the Exec team. Chasing through invoices from suppliers and following the internal process to ensure these are paid in a timely manner.
- Arranging meetings/lunches/taxis (at appropriate venues)
- Organising and coordinating all travel plus visas for the Exec team.
- Supporting the other EA when needed which may include various ad hoc tasks
- Administrative duties – Collating and printing monthly Board Packs
- Welcoming Exec and CEO visitors in a warm and efficient manner
- Supporting EA in organising events & meetings for the CEO and Exec team
- Covering EAs responsibilities while on holiday
HR Duties will include:
- Scheduling interviews and liaising with colleagues and candidates to find suitable times
- Coordinating new starters, liaising with various internal teams to ensure that all requirements are in place in advance of their start date.
- Managing a variety of HR tools – absence management, Objectives and Key Results tracker, organisational chart, organising the company new joiner induction day as well as other Ad Hoc admin duties
- Accurate recording of holidays and absence via the company tool, and submitting a weekly absence report to Payroll.
Essential skills and experience
- Previous experience of providing PA support in a fast paced role
- Experience managing diaries and juggling conflicting priorities
- Excellent stakeholder management skills including the ability to manage upwards
- A high level of organisation, able to simultaneously juggle multiple projects
- Outstanding written and oral communication, with a meticulous eye for detail
- Excellent Microsoft packages – Excel and PowerPoint, amongst the others, will be a huge part of your daily work life in this role
Desirable skills and experience
- Exposure to recruitment/HR administration
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communicator
- Calm and resilient under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative
To apply for this role, please follow the online application process.