Media Manager Jobs Vacancy at Nesta London
Nesta London urgently required following position for Media Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Media Manager Jobs Vacancy at Nesta London Jobs Details:
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the ambitious and news-focused media team at Nesta , the innovation foundation.
The media team is responsible for promoting inspiring work in innovation such as the Longitude Prize , FutureFest and ShareLab . The press office is a key part of Nesta’s communications team, alongside digital, brand and events team colleagues, working closely with our Innovation Lab, Policy and Research teams. The team prides itself on its high quality and quantity of influential media coverage, covering a broad spectrum of issues and channels.
You will be able to think strategically, draft media plans and evaluate the results including media coverage. You will work with external partners to deliver and report on major communications campaigns, alongside the wider communications team.
- A strong PR professional with a passion for media relations who can demonstrate strong relationship management skills (with media, colleagues, partners and stakeholders)
- A natural collaborator, with a history of developing media relationships across a wide range of outlets
- Self-motivated and delivery focused, with a track record of getting things done and achieving media impact.
- Have excellent project management, reporting and evaluation skills as well as practical management skills – including sourcing and managing the procurement of suppliers.
- Have excellent written and presentation skills
- Comfortable and able to to develop media strands of wider communications plans to the assigned portfolio of projects
- Be able to work in multidisciplinary communications units to design and deliver work
- Have the energy and enthusiasm to be part of a busy and reactive press office within the communications team
- Have a passion for communications more generally (not just PR) and have a good working understanding of the general principles of communications.
- Have excellent judgement skills, and be confident in dealing with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Be well organised and happy to take on day to day admin tasks associated with a press office
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Be team oriented, with a ‘can do’ and ‘hands on’ approach to helping out the wider communications team
- Be able to cope under pressure whilst retaining focus on the task
- Be willing and able to work out of office hours and take part in external events where necessary.