General Operative Jobs Vacancy at Aramark
Aramark urgently required following position for General Operative. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
General Operative Jobs Vacancy at Aramark Jobs Details:
Location - Edinburgh
Aramark is currently recruiting for a General Assistant to work as part of the Hestia team working Side by Side with the MOD to deliver soft FM services.
You'll be part of a very big family and you are joining a winning team that is proud of its success. We draw our expertise, systems and processes from both parent companies who, together, have over 50 years' experience of supporting the Armed Forces.
We do what we say. We keep our promises and we will deliver them with your help - Side by Side and successful together!
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist in the delivery of front line Facilities Management (FM) services to our customers within our sites.
* A flexible role to cover a variety of services to our customers; including but not limited to catering, cleaning, retail and leisure
* To provide a professional service to our customers;
* To work in a multi task environment using own initiative and following a defined process inline with contractual and client needs;
* To act as part of a fully serviced facilities team within the office to ensure that core operating hours are covered.
Duties may include:
* Presenting a highly professional first point of contact for all visitors demonstrating an attentive and articulate interpersonal manner;
* Maintaining an up to date visitor register and adequate records, ensuring the health and safety of all visitors by delivering appropriate H&S messages;
* Visitor management ensuring all visitors are referred to the correct business within the building, to ensure that the security of the building is maintained via the building door access system;
* Co-ordinating deliveries to site;
* Providing a full reception service during core hours, including the management of staff and visitor car parking;
* Providing a taxi booking service for the building users and visitors;
* Managing the meeting and ancillary rooms using the electronic booking system. Providing a booking service for the additional services for the meeting rooms. Ensuring meeting rooms are kept in a clean and presentable manner;
* Liaising with Facilities Management personnel to ensure that meeting rooms and ancillary rooms are appropriately prepared and equipped for their intended purpose and maintained to a high standard;
* Providing first line Facilities Management Service desk support for the building. Including the use of the Building Management System.
* To provide and support a professional administration and post room service to all our customers;
* Maintaining and providing building and estate wide information to staff/visitors along with public transport and other services (taxi, dry cleaning, shops, hotels etc). Including Building inductions and Contractor inductions if required.
* Contribute to the achievement of sustainability objectives through personal behaviour and adapting working practices where require
* The post holder will also support delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards in line with the organisation's values.
- Responsible for the completion of a variety of straightforward, stand-alone tasks or high-volume transactions within set rules and instructions;
- Takes instruction and will be subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required;
- Likely to be a member of a team that focuses on day-to-day routine tasks;
- Responsible for the delivery of their own defined set of work including planning and decision-making;
- Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables;
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards.
- Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Able to perform role to the required standard within 3-6 month timeframe of completion of training;
- NVQ Level 2 qualification as a minimum;
- PC skills including Excel and Word;
- Works independently with confidence;
- By working as part of a team as well as representing the company when liaising with customers;
- Approachable and a Team Player with a proactive approach to work;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Focussed on achievements and delivery of results.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
The post holder should liaise with their line manager for all decision making which could impact the customer or the contract, however the post holder should be confident in their approach when managing day to day activities.
ADDITIONAL ROLE INFORMATION
- Effective communications and relations should be maintained with our customers to ensure that we are meeting the contractual requirements and providing excellent customer service;
- Effective team working to maintain engagement with wider team as duties may be interactive;
- Has a focus on operational excellence when managing cost and developing ideas as to how to monitor and reduce cost - including stock control.
- The duties and tasks identified are not exhaustive and may be subject to change.