Volunteer Coordinator Voluntary Role Jobs Vacancy at Lagan Foundation Southampton
Lagan Foundation Southampton urgently required following position for Volunteer Coordinator Voluntary Role. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Volunteer Coordinator Voluntary Role Jobs Vacancy at Lagan Foundation Southampton Jobs Details:
Working as a volunteer coordinator (HAMPSHIRE) , you'll manage all elements of home support volunteering for Lagan's Foundation within the Hampshire region.
The role is voluntary and involves assessing and meeting Lagan's Foundation's needs through the placement and retention of volunteers.
You'll manage a small team of specialist volunteers and their relationships with service users of Lagan's Foundation. You will assist monitoring, evaluating volunteers.
This role is home working based. The work will also involve visits to volunteers and site visits.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a volunteer coordinator, you'll need to:
- understand Lagan's Foundation policies and procedures, including risk assessments
- liaise with Lagan's management and service users to understand how they work, develop partnerships and assess their volunteering needs
- generate appropriate volunteering opportunities based on the needs of the organisation
- raise awareness of the role and the function of volunteers
- ensure there is appropriate support and training for volunteers
- promote volunteering (internally and externally) through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns
- organise rotas and provide inductions and training
- monitor, support, motivate and accredit volunteers and their work
- celebrate volunteering by nominating volunteers for awards and organise celebration events
- offer advice and information to volunteers and external organisations through face-to-face, telephone and email contact
- organise profile-raising events to attract new volunteers
- attend committees and meetings
- keep up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and make any necessary modifications to accommodate changes
- work with multiple agencies across different sectors in order to establish good working relationships to influence decisions about volunteering
- monitor and evaluate activities and write reports management
- maintain databases and undertake any other administrative duties.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications favourable in any of the following:
- business and management studies
- human resource management
- social work
- youth and community work.
You will need to show:
- excellent communication skills
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people
- experience of managing or coordinating projects and volunteers
- an empathy with volunteers and an understanding of their needs
- the capacity to inspire and motivate others
- the ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- good organisational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks
- administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain records and produce clear written and oral reports
- experience of working across different sectors and developing links with other agencies
- a flexible and non-judgemental approach to people and work.
- Creative thinking
- ability to work with limited resources
- A full, clean driving licence and use of a car, for the purposes of visiting organisations and placing and monitoring volunteers with families, will be necessary.
Job Type: Volunteer
- Secondary education
- Southampton, Hampshire
Required licence or certification:
- Full UK Driving Licence and own car