Own Brand Food Technologist Jobs Vacancy at Ocado Hatfield
Ocado Hatfield urgently required following position for Own Brand Food Technologist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Own Brand Food Technologist Jobs Vacancy at Ocado Hatfield Jobs Details:
Ocado is a pioneering online grocery delivery service that is revolutionising the way people shop for groceries. Unlike old-fashioned supermarkets, we don't rely upon a network of large chain superstores, but a 'centralised distribution' or 'warehouse-based' business model. We depend on innovative technology driven solutions to deliver our world class service. We're still growing fast, so we're always on the lookout for people with extraordinary drive, passion and talent to help keep us moving forward at a pace. Ocado exists to change the way people shop, giving back customers the time to enjoy their lives. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and join a fast moving and growing business in a fun & dynamic team who is always ready to do the extra mile. You are the type of person who says yes to change, loves being in a team, who gets things done & is the centre of change.
You will work alongside Product Development to launch Ocado Own Brand Products. You will ensure all Ocado Own Brand products meet the criteria for safe and legal food supply. You will have responsibility for dedicated categories in our business and complete all technical requirements prior to the launch of products onto the website. You will be part of a small friendly team working on developing the Ocado range, within a defined strategic framework initially.
You will be supporting the Own Brand Technical Manager and working closely with the Head of Own Brand, Product Developers, Suppliers, Trading, and Supply Chain.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Enabling the NPD launch process and covering all technical aspects of new product launches (including Food safety, supplier due diligence & quality parameters) to ensure we launch the right product first time.
- Supplier management: taking technical ownership of our supplier base and work closely with the Product Developer and Trading Manager to embed the Ocado way in everything our suppliers do to give our customers the best quality of products made in the best factories. This includes schedule approval & maintenance audits, NPD visits & supplier scorecard management. This may include regular UK & some international travel.
- Audit: all potential Ocado own brand factories and attend NPD trials and 1st production runs.
- Quality Monitoring: ongoing programme of quality monitoring vs product specifications and competitor benchmarks to ensure we always offer to our customers the best quality products.
- Surveillance Testing: manage and agree with the Own Brand Technical Manager frequency and requirements for testing the products of your categories. Action and rectify any non-conformance.
- Conduct quality: reviews post launch to monitor quality making recommendations for any corrective action required. You will need to monitor product quality, Customer Complaints and Product Reviews
- Ethical Trading: ensure that the Sedex database is populated and completed foryou’re your suppliers. If there are any non- conformances, these must be investigated and an action program established.
What do we need from you?
- Technical Skills you will be degree qualified in a food related subject. You will have previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment, with retailers or having a retail facing role, working closely with suppliers, including auditing, supplier development, NPD from concept to launch and completing all necessary technical documentation.
- Experience or good knowledge of Food Retailing is essential and online retailing is advantageous.
- Customer focus and an understanding of our core customers’ needs and online retail will help you deliver in this role.
- Product Passion you need to demonstrate a passion for food and retail
- Having retail experience is a big plus but also a technologist who has been working closely with retail and who gets what is needed for this role
- Experience of Food Product Development in a Retail or Factory environment is essential for the role.
- We need someone with several years of chilled high care/high risk manufacturing experience who understand the complexities and challenges of Food Safety & Compliance in this environment.
- You will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of ethical trade, animal welfare, distribution chains, allergen management & current Technical challenges.
- Having a sound awareness of the UK food legislation & any new regulations that might affect the food industry.
- Day job activity will include KPIs management, specifications management & sign off & artwork approval & liaising with the Trading & Own Brand teams.
- You also need to be PC literate, with strengths in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status