Global Head Procurement Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson London
Willis Towers Watson London urgently required following position for Global Head Procurement. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Global Head Procurement Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson London Jobs Details:
Global Head of Procurement
Location: UK or US
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Corporate risk and broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) is responsible for leading all global procurement efforts to efficiently and effectively enable budget owners such as business units and functional partners to maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives. The CPO will work with each business unit to lead centralized sourcing and procurement efforts.
The CPO will have a team of senior sourcing and procurement professionals, local and remote, who will work for and with the various business units and suppliers elected to meet their needs. The CPO will also establish relationships with senior budget holders to ensure that procurement remains aligned with their business goals, and to enlist their support and buy in to participate in supply base improvement efforts.
In addition, the CPO will be responsible for overall procurement strategy and direction, increasing spend under management, identifying and evolving best practices and molding the organization to ensure the ongoing meeting of business needs and goals. Key to the ongoing success of procurement will be the management of supplier risk and driving commercial improvements across an integrated organization.
- Conduct Risk : To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
- To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
- To be a vital partner with the Leadership Teams of all Willis Towers Watson business units and ensure that procurement plans and processes are aligned with the company’s mission, as well strategic goals related to growth, cost savings, and risk management.
- Development of procurement strategy including short, mid, and long term goals and objectives & associated system (Oracle) and processes to support the delivery of this strategy
- Creation and improvement of best-practice processes such as the sourcing process, category management and Strategic Relationship Management
- Commercial & risk focus, delivering measurable commercial value to the organization in a risk managed manner
- Management of the Global procurement team including sourcing, contract management, transactional purchasing, supplier management, and MI and reporting
- Setting of annual targets and KPIs (including Financial savings targets)
- Creating a talent management process to maintain and build the skills and competency of procurement staff
- Leadership of cross-functional teaming across other business functions and initiatives
- Budget management of both the Procurement area & wider expense line management
- Development of benchmarks and scorecards to be used for continuous improvement
- Working with the offshore team to put in place an efficient operating model
- Proven track record with a global Procurement function & associated record of year on year delivery
- Strong global team leadership skills
- Strategic mind-set and problem-solving skills
- Experience of Oracle (or similar) for a global P2P management & deployment perspective an advantage
- Creativity to seek, encourage and find non-traditional approaches to procurement challenges
- Team player at executive levels to collaborate with business units and functional partners like IT, Finance, HR, legal, etc.
- Change management and self-awareness skills to adopt targeted approaches to a dynamic set of stakeholders
- Solid operational management and general business skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong listening skills
- Ability to articulate procurement’s value and to run procurement as a service
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Strong negotiation skills for use on very large and complex commercial deals
- Experience with modern sourcing and procurement systems
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers and many other options and Corporate deals.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.