Design Drawing Checker Jobs Vacancy at Sitec Bristol
Sitec Bristol urgently required following position for Design Drawing Checker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Design Drawing Checker Jobs Vacancy at Sitec Bristol Jobs Details:
Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval / Marine Engineering and Support Services industry and are seeking a Design Drawing Checker to be based in their offices in South Bristol on a contract Basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
There is an opportunity for a checker within the draughting team.
This role will be Checking of drawings for Canadian and UK Submarine (UMC) contracts -Weapons Handling & Discharge Systems and Submerged Signal Ejectors, updated for obsolescence, upgrades and amendments.
- Extensive experience of checking and approving drawings in high integrity systems (defence, oil and gas, nuclear, aerospace etc.).
- Good, broad, engineering design knowledge.
- Good understanding of current Defence Standards.
- Good understanding of Engineering Drawing configuration control.
- Good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Proficient at 2D and 3D CAD, NX required.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience of approval of First Level/QCA equipment
- Experience of Teamcenter document management system or similar.
- Direct experience with UK/Canadian Submarine Weapon Handling and Discharge Equipment.
- Knowledge of MoD Drawing Practice and configuration control.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.