Head Architecture Manchester Jobs Vacancy at Manchester Airports Group
Manchester Airports Group urgently required following position for Head Architecture Manchester. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Head Architecture Manchester Jobs Vacancy at Manchester Airports Group Jobs Details:
· Head of Architecture - Manchester Airport
· Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer
· Permanent role
· Competitive salary of up to £85,000 plus bonus and benefits
MAG is the UK’s largest airport group. We own Manchester, Stansted, East Midlands and Bournemouth Airports and operate a concessions business in the USA. With a number of significant Growth Programmes underway, MAG are undertaking a radical transformation of our Technology landscape, to ensure that our systems and infrastructure can best support the organisation in to the future.
Working with the Chief Technology Officer, the Head of Architecture will lead a team of technical architects to oversee the development and implementation of new technologies, own the technical roadmap, align technical vision with business strategy and integrate and enable complex process through technical means.
This role is responsible for the development and governance of the Technical Architecture and Strategy and is responsible for ensuring that the spend on technology is appropriate and cost effective. This is an exciting opportunity to join MAG’s growing Technology division and help to define the Organisation of the future.
Typical responsibilities will include:
· Working with the CTO, collaborate closely with the business to align Technology Strategy with Business Strategy
· Lead the Technical Architecture team to provide high quality support and build knowledge and expertise within the team and broader technical community, staying at the forefront of solutions, innovation and technical capability
· Document and evolve MAG’s enterprise architecture; including applications, services, infrastructure and data, maintaining a set of blueprints and standards
· Champion the adoption of chosen architectural models showing how the current and future business needs will be met in line with the key strategic themes of simplicity, standardisation, scalability and stability
· Ensure and critically inspect the robustness and suitability of technical solutions, effectively balancing the need to change and innovate with risk, compliance and security
· Bridge the gap between technical domains, delivery and the business, providing an objective view as to the technology options open to the organisation
· Governance of key technology decisions, technical architecture decisions and setting of principles and standards
· Communicate complex technical information and inform the priority of spend, based on technical input and related risk vs. conflicting business priority
· Provide architecture expertise & guidance to both the business and senior IT stakeholders
· Help to drive MAG’s innovation agenda, enabling effective use of emerging and new technologies and solutions
· Build and maintain long lasting, trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
· Sell a vision of the future, balance the short-term needs and business demands with the longer-term strategy
An experienced people manager, you’ll demonstrate polished communication and presentation skills and excellent stakeholder management. You’ll have the ability to articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, track and measure results in a commercially driven environment. You’ll be experienced in managing a complex programme, assimilating large amounts of highly complex information, often technical in nature, and engaging with multiple stakeholders.
Essential technical skills:
- Detailed technical knowledge spanning enterprise technologies, systems and infrastructure, private and public cloud, development and DevOps toolsets
- Proven experience building and executing an IT strategy, maintaining a technology roadmap and being able to adapt to business, market and technical change
- Extensive experience of developing, mapping and maintaining a technical architecture including enterprise, applications, service, infrastructure and data using a recognised methodology e.g. TOGAF
- Extensive experience communicating complex technical information and informing the priority of spend, based on technical input and related risk vs. conflicting business priority
- Ability to understand and articulate the interactions between business functions, processes and IT components, how the individual parts interact with and impact the whole
- Demonstrable experience of maintaining knowledge of innovative, cutting-edge and emerging technology trends and solutions, ensuring that the business can make effective use of new technologies
- Experience of developing application, cloud and infrastructure transformation / migration strategies and plans
- Ability to provide architecture expertise & guidance to the Heads-of-technology, advising on possible solution sets and opportunities to increase capability
- Ability to provide architecture expertise & guidance to the business to ensure solutions are produced which adhere to a set of architecture guidelines
- A degree level qualification and/or equivalent experience in a relevant field
Desirable technical skills:
- Understanding of Airport / Aviation IT landscape; knowledge of the processes, applications, technology and data requirements, major trends and complexities of such a business
- Experience of airport development and construction projects
- SAP (HEC, Cloud Suite – SuccessFactors, Ariba, Concur…)
- AWS / Azure / Softlayer
- WAN / LAN / Security / Data Centre Technologies
- ESB / Integration / Middleware / ETL
- IoT / Smart Infrastructure
- Provision on Managed IT Services
- TOGAF or equivalent certified
What we Offer
MAG offers a base salary of up to £85,000 (dependent upon experience) plus bonus, pension and benefits package.
Please include a Cover Letter with your CV, clearly outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements for the role.
For more career opportunities across the whole of MAG please sign up for job alerts and continue to check our career site, by clicking here. For further information do not hesitate to contact the MAG Recruitment Team: 0161 489 8880
MAG operates a strict Preferred Supplier List. Therefore, we are unable to accept CVs from recruitment agencies without prior agreement.