Operationsapprentice Jobs Vacancy at International Timber Lydney
International Timber Lydney urgently required following position for Operationsapprentice. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operationsapprentice Jobs Vacancy at International Timber Lydney Jobs Details:
International Timber are recruiting for an Operations Trainee who will gain a good overall knowledge of all aspects of Operations processes within the business. Including: Goods in, Dispatch, Order picking, Timber storage, Transport, Administrative systems, and contribute to high levels of customer service to achieve overall branch objectives.
Working as an effective member of the team will be an important factor of the role. The successful applicant will report directly to the Operations Manager but also working with both Internal - Management team, Colleagues and External - Customers, suppliers, site visitors.
We strive to work together ensure achievement of business targets, key result areas and objectives. Maintain compliance with company and legislative Health & Safety, and environmental requirements.
Key Results Areas
- Receive and direct incoming calls /enquiries.
- Maintain accurate completion of necessary administration.
- Maintain appropriate communication with staff and colleagues.
- Provide support to the Operations, Sales, Shipping, Manufacturing and Finance activities, e.g. Purchasing of consumable items, Site maintenance issues, transfer of enquiries to relevant person; compiling and issuing weekly KPI and control reports; Checking of POD / delivery notes and liaising with sales/credit control to minimize impact of disputes thereby enabling lower debtor days.
- Maintain up to date and accurate records, in relation to Training, Periodic checks, Maintenance, Health & Safety Tool Box.
- Ensure that business controls and procedures are met in line with company policy.
- Maintain effective information storage systems.
- Ensure safe working practices whilst conforming to company and legislative Health & Safety Standards & Responsibilities. (See section 1 SGBD Health & Safety Manual)
- Act on or escalate details and information related to poor performance standards, and areas for business improvements and controls.
- Participate in team environment to achieve objectives.
- Provide support in all other tasks as may be requested as part of the daily business needs
- Maintain credit control procedures.
- Contribute to improvement process.
- Assist with the company stock takes when required.
- To undertake any other reasonable duty as required by the Company.
Must be able to demonstrate numeracy and literacy skills.
Good communication skills, both written and spoken.
Excellent telephone technique.
Excellent administration skills, especially accuracy with figures, accurate data input, efficient filing systems, etc.
Good computer keyboard skills and understanding of computers, (Word, Excel & Outlook an advantage).
Must be able to work on own initiative, be self-motivating and able to work as part of a team.
Preferably can demonstrate effective communication dealing with customers and suppliers over the phone.
Can demonstrate ability to use own initiative to solve problems
Working knowledge of Company procedures and organization.
Ability and willingness to learn and create new ways of working.
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Opportunity to progress onto a level 4 qualification.
Things to consider
International Timber will offer expenses for travel to work, for the successful recruit whether that be ppm, rail or bus fares and will be taken from local branch expenses and paid directly Standard Employee Benefits • Holiday – 29 days increasing to 33 with service with a flexible holiday scheme • Pension scheme – Saint Gobain Retirement Savings Plan • Life Assurance – 2 x salary / 4 x salary if in the pension scheme • Share options (Please check with Reward dept.) • Staff Discount – Across SGBD brands • Equipe – Flexible benefits package • Private Health Cover (if eligible due to role) Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. It is highly important that you do not contact the Employers directly – any attempt of this may invalidate candidate’s application. Should you have any queries regarding your Application or the job itself, please contact your 3aaa Training Academy.