Anaytical Team Leader Jobs Vacancy at Msd Milton Keynes
Msd Milton Keynes urgently required following position for Anaytical Team Leader. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Anaytical Team Leader Jobs Vacancy at Msd Milton Keynes Jobs Details:
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
MSD Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
MSD Animal health is now recruiting a Team Leader for Analytical Testing Laboratory within the Quality Control department, at the Milton Keynes site.
The Team Leader Analytical will ensure all Quality Control testing of finished products and intermediates is performed in accordance with GMP, dossier and where relevant, pharmacopoeial requirements.
The main responsibilities of the role will be to
- Lead Analytical Laboratory, QC – people and lab management in order to ensure efficient and timely operations, meeting internal commitments and minimising any down time or production delays.
- Ensure testing of raw materials, packaging material, intermediates and finished products is performed in accordance with GMP, dossier and where relevant, as per pharmacopoeial requirements.
- Provide technical support to the lab to ensure that the test methods are robust and drive improvement of test methods.
- Support lab technicians with hands on testing during time of need for example, but not limited to sickness, holidays etc.
- Provide technical expertise in analytical techniques to other departments such as Production, Stores and Procurement.
- Assist Procurement and QA with changes relating to external suppliers of raw material or packaging material.
- Develop Specifications and Standard Operating Procedures including safe systems of work and approved for all activities and operations undertaken by Analytical lab staff; ensuring they are as per current GMP guidelines and pharmacopoeial requirements.
- SAP - ensure timely completion of results in SAP and up to date specifications of Analytical lab tests.
- Ensure routine trending of results in the lab. Report and investigate OOS and OOT results, determine root causes and implement effective CAPA actions.
- Drive change management for introduction of new / improved methods and validation of new equipment.
- Training of new staff and ongoing training of staff in new or improved methods. Ensure training documents are kept up to date.
- Promote safety within the laboratory areas, leading by example and guiding analysts, ensuring correct signage and maintaining COSHH documentation for safe operations within the lab.
- Support inspections and audits of lab and related facilities and ensure that any adverse observations and findings are fully evaluated and suitable CAPA’s implemented and closed out in a timely manner to fully address the deficiencies raised.
- To uphold company procedures in regards to GMP and comply with UK pharmaceutical regulations at all times.
- To comply with company’s health and safety practices and procedures.
- Degree in Chemistry related subject
- Spectrophotometric Analysis (FTIR, UV/VIS), TOC
- Wet Chemistry techniques including titrations, digestions, full metal analysis
- GMP Compliance
- Minimum 5 years background in Pharmaceutical Quality testing/Analytical testing with at least 2 years supervisory experience at Lead technician level
- Raw Materials testing including pharmacopoeia methods
- Laboratory investigations
- Validation and method development
- MS Word and Excel
- Protocol and Report writing
- Ability to troubleshoot to resolve issues
- Subject Matter expert in laboratory chemistry
- Able to communicate at all levels and across all functions
- Ability to communicate concise technical information with clarity
- Good Time Management in a high flow through laboratory
- Fact finding
- Flexible approach to changing priorities
- Attention to detail
- Cross functional work experience
- Knowledge of Minitab Statistical software
- Previous roles include interaction with Production/Manufacturing departments
- Supervisory / Management courses completed
- Full Drivers Licence
: Quality Lab Related Job Title: Anaytical Team Leader
: EMEA-United Kingdom-ENG-Milton Keynes
: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings
Company Trade Name: MSD