Cnc Technical Engineer Apprentice Jobs Vacancy at Tom Davies Limited London
Tom Davies Limited London urgently required following position for Cnc Technical Engineer Apprentice. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cnc Technical Engineer Apprentice Jobs Vacancy at Tom Davies Limited London Jobs Details:
After Training the CNC Technical Apprentice will:
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plan stock inventory by checking stock to determine the amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Program mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Set-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads. These would include material-cutting; lamination of nose pad and end piece as well as bridge pressing.
- Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Document actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplished organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Requirements and prospects
- Good attention to detail.
- Willing to contribute ideas.
- Good at problem solving.
- Good communicator.
- Highly organised.
- GCSE A- C Maths and English or equivalent.
- Maths A or 9 grade or equivalent.
Future prospects Internal progression for the right candidate.
Things to consider You will be learning different aspects of the job and we are opening a new factory. You will be required to travel to Stevenage for day release college on a weekly basis.