Housing Officer Young Persons Advice And Homelessness Jobs Vacancy at North Devon Council
- Housing Officer Young Persons Advice And Homelessness
- North Devon Council
- 14 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
North Devon Council urgently required following position for Housing Officer Young Persons Advice And Homelessness. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Housing Officer Young Persons Advice And Homelessness Jobs Vacancy at North Devon Council Jobs Details:
Full time, up to 12 months temporary contract
Salary: £20,661 - £25,951 per annum + essential car user allowance
The Environmental Health & Housing Service is seeking enthusiastic people to join our busy teams to meet the requirements of the new Homelessness Reduction Act. We are recruiting a mix of permanent and temporary posts to deliver our services. These roles will provide effective housing advice and assistance to prevent and resolve homelessness.
You will need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, have an ability to work flexibly to changing demands and operate in a coordinated manner with other team members to ensure successful outcomes.
Finding the right people is critical to our future success. We are looking for people who are able to think creatively, drive change and implement new ideas. If you think you have the right skills, capability and attitude to help us on this exciting journey we want to hear from you.
This post will:
- Provide specialist high quality housing advice to young persons to prevent and relieve homelessness
- Assess customer circumstances and agree personal housing plans to meet their needs
- Make homelessness decisions and deliver services to discharge duties
- Work collaboratively to provide homelessness solutions
- A Higher National Diploma or first degree in housing, or equivalent qualification and training
- Good experience in delivering housing advice, homelessness prevention and relief services for young persons
- Good knowledge of Children’s Services for 16/17 year olds and care leavers
- Experience of statutory homelessness decision making and reviews
- Good knowledge of housing legislation
Closing Date: 2 March 2018 (noon)
Interview Date: 14 March 2018
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation accredited with IIP, flexible working hours, a career average salary pension scheme and an optional childcare voucher scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
For an application pack, please call 01271 388353, quoting reference HOYP