Manufacturing Planner Buyer Jobs Vacancy at Elekta Crawley
Elekta Crawley urgently required following position for Manufacturing Planner Buyer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manufacturing Planner Buyer Jobs Vacancy at Elekta Crawley Jobs Details:
Are you a current Elekta employee?
Please click here to apply through our internal career site Find Jobs - Elekta .
Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available - please contact us for more details!
The Manufacturing Planner Buyer monitors the day to day material supply of parts assigned to them to meet agreed Manufacturing output (either by master scheduling, by forecasts or by stock level maintenance) to achieve agreed service levels and delivery dates according to agreed supply in Budget/Forecast/S & OP (Sales and Operations Planning). You will maintain inventory levels for manufacturing to agreed targets. You will monitor and help improve material supply chain processes for the Crawley PSC (Product Supply Centre) using lean and root cause analysis techniques.
To help manage the input of new products and parts into the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system where it affects Manufacturing for the PSC.
- Implement an achievable plan (production volumes, purchased materials and stock)
- Ensure purchase, manufacturing and distribution orders are placed then expedited to ensure the overall manufacturing plan and agreed customer service levels are met.
- Create, firm plan, release, amend and close manufacturing orders as required to ensure that they are serial number identified (tagged) and are planned to meet the agreed M3 schedule.
- Measure, analyse and report on issues that affect the overall manufacturing plan and the throughput of components and assemblies to identify problems and root causes for future improvements.
- Modify and update manufacturing order picklists and supplier purchase orders to incorporate changes (e.g. processes such as engineering change and verification and validation)
- Utilise the tools available (e.g. Qlikview reports, Add*One and K & N Portal information) to track the progress of individual products and parts and take the necessary corrective action required to ensure the product is built to the ERP plan.
- Analyse usage data and manage ERP stock classification to amend the planning, ordering and delivery parameters for parts.
- Update basic data on Suppliers transport methods and transport lead times as agreed with Strategic Purchasing and the Inbound Logistics Control Tower.
- Resolve documentation or M3 errors at goods inwards and complete the actions on the relevant Non Conformance Report (NCR).
- Ensure that stock levels are maintained in accordance with departmental policy specified at the Working Capital Meetings.
- Review inventory and identify actions to ensure material is not left in ERP non-available locations.
- Assess internal requests for material and factory labour and negotiate agreed delivery dates.
- Ensure all repairs to manufactured assemblies and purchased components are actioned in a controlled, timely and cost effective manner by use of purchase order , manufacturing order and distribution order.
- Participate in daily shortage review meetings, supplier reviews and other supplier contact meetings as required.
- Support regular lean (notably from 6S and Kaizen) improvement initiatives.
- Resolve invoice non-conformances (or escalate to the Purchasing Department as appropriate).
- Coordinate and monitor Engineering Change Order (ECO) implementation into manufacturing and supply chain to reduce material obsolescence risks, and to review and
- Communicate with external suppliers and inbound logistics companies to ensure compliance to agreed Purchase Order dates, quantities and price.
Knowledge and Skills
Formal Education & Certification
- Education to A-Level standard
- Professional qualification in Supply Chain and Planning will be sponsored by Elekta.
We will train the staff member to do the below skills
- Understand the product structures and how the products are assembled.*
- Use ERP order and stocking policies to ensure on-time supply at the lowest stocking cost.*
- Use M3 to control material movements and costs.*
- Create and maintain Purchase Orders, Manufacturing Orders and Distribution Orders in M3.*
- Use Qpulse to control non-conformance.*
- Use Add*One to manage product options.
- Use Medius to resolve invoice queries, raise purchase requisitions and to assign them to other departments.*
- Lean and Root Cause Analysis techniques.*
- Write concise, accurate reports, for managers and other departments’*
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets to provide information for other departments.*