Senior Arboriculturist Jobs Vacancy at Jarvis King Bristol
Jarvis King Bristol urgently required following position for Senior Arboriculturist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Arboriculturist Jobs Vacancy at Jarvis King Bristol Jobs Details:
Senior Arboriculturist - Ecology
Excellent package and prospects
The growing and specialised ecology team within the business is seeking an experienced Arboriculturist.
The business has over 20 years of experience undertaking the full range of ecological and arboricultural surveys and assessments, as well as the provision of advice on master planning, mitigation and enhancement design, ecosystem service and natural capital assessment.
- Applicants should hold a FdSc Arb, BSc or PDArb in Arboriculture or higher in arboriculture or closely related field
- LANTRA Professional Tree Inspector Certificate;
- Professional member of the Arboricultural Association or the Institute of Chartered Foresters
- CS38: Accessing a Tree with Rope and Harness and Aerial Rescue
- Essential Experience:
- Excellent commercial awareness and self-management skills
- Excellent reporting skills, with a proven track record in writing tree reports suitable for planning applications
- At least three years post qualification experience in private consultancy delivering a range of arboricultural and urban forestry services.
- BS 5837 2012 Tree Quality Surveys and the preparation of Arboricultural Impact Assessments / Arboricultural Method Statements
- The ability to always approach challenges with a positive attitude and work both on own initiative and as part of a team
- The ability to communicate and work closely with local authority tree officers, planners, architects, ecologists and other professionals
- Excellent IT skills and a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCad are essential
- A sound understanding of health and safety related issues regarding site survey and supervision
Experience of database asset management software and tablet data collection
Experience of assessing trees for their potential for roosting bats
Duties & Responsibilities:
This role will involve the coordination and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
The business is able to offer a huge range and breadth of projects, which will compliment and enhance your skill set whilst challenging your technical knowledge.
CPD comes as standard within this role and business.
- Managing small arb projects (including budgets and invoicing), attend meetings, provide advice to clients and manage bid production
- Undertaking BS 5837 2012 Arboricultural surveys, and producing associated reports, AIAs and AMSs
- Undertaking climbed surveys on occasion to inspect potential bat roosting features
- Start: Asap
- Rate: £32000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent benefits + pension + h
- Location: Bristol, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Jarvis King
- Tel: 0131 247 6826