Typing And Secretarial Support Officer Jobs Vacancy at North Yorkshire Police
North Yorkshire Police urgently required following position for Typing And Secretarial Support Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Typing And Secretarial Support Officer Jobs Vacancy at North Yorkshire Police Jobs Details:
We would welcome applications from individuals interested in working in a unique and challenging role for North Yorkshire Police, as a Typing and Secretarial Support Officer.
We are recruiting for current opportunities and future opportunities that are likely to arise over the next twelve months.
The working hours for our current vacancies are:
Police HQ, Northallerton – 37 hours per week – Permanent
Athena House, York – 26 hours per week – 12 month fixed term contract
In addition to the vacancies listed above, we are also looking to attract candidates for both permanent and fixed-term positions, working variable hours including full and part-time posts.
Successful candidates will be retained on a holding list and will be offered any new Typing and Secretarial Support Officer vacancies that arise at locations across the force area within the next 12 months.
The responsibilities of this varied role include the provision of a high quality administrative, transcription and secretarial support service delivering an efficient, multi-disciplined service supporting both senior officers and colleagues.
As a Secretary you will provide a proactive and responsive secretarial support service to senior operational officers, which will include dealing with written correspondence, telephone enquiries, minute taking, calendar management and arranging and facilitating meetings.
On occasion you may also be required to provide both audio and written transcription services, which will include both verbatim and summary transcriptions of recorded interviews. The ability to review recorded material to extract and summarise salient information is key to this post, although full training will be given.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, in particular: Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Word.
- Experience of arranging internal and external meetings/conferences; inviting other internal/external bodies and booking of all appropriate facilities.
- Ability to ensure that clear and accurate notes of meetings are produced in an appropriate format and within specified timescales.
- Experience of managing Senior Managers' diaries including arranging appointments/meetings and making appropriate travel, accommodation and catering arrangements.
- Ability to successfully analyse information to identify and summarise the salient points.
- Candidates must have a suitable typing qualification and/or previous secretarial experience.
If appointed, you will be welcomed into an organisation that cares about the well-being of its personnel, and actively supports people so they can perform to the best of their ability. In addition North Yorkshire Police offers a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Upbeat – access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts
- We are members of the Institute of Customer Service and opportunities may arise to work towards Customer Service qualifications relevant to the role.