Laboratory Steward Jobs Vacancy at Charles River Laboratories Hatfield
Charles River Laboratories Hatfield urgently required following position for Laboratory Steward. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Laboratory Steward Jobs Vacancy at Charles River Laboratories Hatfield Jobs Details:
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
At Charles River Laboratories, we work at the forefront of Drug Discovery providing medicinal chemistry capability in a pioneering commercial environment at our client’s state of the art laboratory in Hatfield, UK. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and conscientious individual to join us as a laboratory steward.
The role is predominantly a laboratory-based support role in which the successful candidate would support the day to day scientific operations for the Charles River chemistry team and the client's biology team in a service role. Part of the role will include stock taking and re-ordering of consumables plus receiving, booking in and the distribution of goods at our client’s site. We are offering the opportunity to work in a motivated and supportive environment where ideas are always encouraged.
This role is a part time role covering 5 mornings and 4 afternoons with mutually agreeable start and finish times to be negotiated with the successful candidate at the time of appointment. The ideal candidate would preferably possess previous laboratory experience in a similar role however, this is not essential as full training will be provided.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Monitoring and maintaining laboratory stock levels
- Performing and maintaining housekeeping duties as and when required, to ensure the team areas are safe and efficient for the working environment
- Assisting with the receipt of incoming and outgoing packages/deliveries for the team
- Carrying out all work in accordance with Charles River Health and client's & Safety Policy/Procedures
- Suggesting new ideas or initiatives that impact upon the operations in the chemistry and biology departments
Other essential skills to fulfil the role include:
- Numeracy skills - ability to perform basic mathematics calculations, preferably to GCSE or equivalent level.
- Computer-literacy – good all round computer skills particularly with Microsoft Excel and the aptitude to quickly learn and use new software packages.
- Communication skills - Ability to communicate problems in a timely and professional manner.
- Demonstrating strong organizational skills
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.