Demand Planner Jobs Vacancy at Babcock Bristol
Babcock Bristol urgently required following position for Demand Planner. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Demand Planner Jobs Vacancy at Babcock Bristol Jobs Details:
£35,000 + Benefits
We currently have an opportunity for a Demand Planner working for a FTSE100 Engineering and Support Services Business to be based in Bristol.
The organisation is the UKs leading provider of support services to the MoD and the Armed Forces and has been awarded a contract to become the Marine Systems Support Partner (MSSP) for the Royal Navy's new Queen Elizabeth Class (QEC) Aircraft Carriers and Type 45 Destroyers.
MSSP includes all power and propulsion systems including gas turbines, diesel engines, electrical distribution and platform management systems as well as a variety of on-board systems, including air conditioning, filtration, waste management, valves and pumps, fire-fighting equipment, highly mechanised equipment, lifts, cranes and refuel-at-sea capabilities.
Working closely with the business, MoD and Royal Navy you will Develop and the deliver the MSSP T45 & QEC demand plans for both material and resource, in accordance with the statement of requirements. The demand plan is a key enabler to delivering the In Service performance of the T45 & QEC classes, to ensure KPIs are achieved
Principal Tasks & Responsibilities
- Developing of planned demand requirements to meet Fleet Time Maintenance Periods; utilising Fleet Operational Schedule and planned maintenance
- Developing of planned demand requirements to meet Upkeep Period Maintenance and Docking Periods; utilising Fleet Operational Schedule and planned maintenance
- Plan for the provisions of inventory Articles
- Articulate these planned demand requirements to the relevant Inventory Manager
- Forecasting of emergent demand, and optimising of the associated inventory levels to ensure that T45 & QEC can deliver operational requirements.
- Analyse and update planned demand requirements
- Provide inventory provisioning recommendations
- Respond to changes in operational and planned/unplanned Inventory Demand and repair activity
- Provide the approved contract demand plan to the Supply Planners for implementation.
- Material / Inventory Planning & Forecasting background (UK Naval experience desirable)
- Thorough knowledge of systems and processes relating to inventory optimisation and ERP Systems.
- Knowledge of MoD materials systems (CRISP, etc) is highly advantageous