Manufacturing Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Gerrell Hard Limited Birmingham
Gerrell Hard Limited Birmingham urgently required following position for Manufacturing Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manufacturing Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Gerrell Hard Limited Birmingham Jobs Details:
Permanent - Salary 30-40k
Our Product development consultancy client is based in the Midlands, offering CAD, CAE, prototype and low volume manufacturing services. They are looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer with a good manufacturing / production background within a small - medium sized automotive business or similar transferable industry.
This role would suit someone working in a fast paced manufacturing environment, experience of low to medium volume manufacturing from concept to manufacture of vehicle bodies. Therefore, BIW / Body manufacturing experience including experience within carbon fibre manufacturing and / or composite manufacturing would be suitable.
KEY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Upkeep and maintenance of the Control of Monitoring and Measurement Equipment procedure
- Upkeep and maintenance of the Control of Documents and Control of Records procedure
- Support Production and Manufacturing Functions in Plant Engineering, Process, Quality, and Efficiency and Throughput development.
- Monitor, analyse and continually improve the above measures through industrial engineering methodologies allied to Automotive production
- Assisting the Quality Manager with the upkeep of the TS16949 Quality Management System
- Work with Production Manager and Area Supervisors to ensure robust production and manufacturing processes throughout the business
- Maintain and develop the link between Warranty and continuous improvement feedback into production and manufacturing through support of the ECR / Product improvement process
- Performing Process Audits and ensuring follow up actions are executed in a timely manner
- Support Production Management in the implementation of new projects into production and manufacturing.
- Maintenance of the Quality Management System in conjunction with the Quality Manager
- Control, development and documentation of production assembly and in house manufacturing processes, including PFMEAs, throughput evaluation, cycle time, operator and station work balancing and efficiency forecasts
- Control and recording of measurement devices
- Support Production / Quality Manager with regard to control of incoming product, (product characteristics, measurement criteria, product quality issues)
- Performing Process Audits and raising concerns / follow up actions
- Monitoring and maintenance of the Control of Documents and Records Procedures
- Analysis and review of production downtime logs, management and execution of action plan with area supervisors and operatives
- Maintenance of all production / manufacturing KPI's (Product Quality, Efficiency, On Time Delivery)
- Maintain positive input at both operational and statistical levels within the following forums:
- Weekly ECR Meeting
- Daily Part Shortages Meeting
- Fortnightly Process Audits
- Weekly Downtime Review Meeting
- Monthly 5s Audits
- Quarterly Production and Manufacturing Performance Review.
- Relevant experience as Manufacturing/Production Engineer within a fast paced, forward thinking business
- Experience in PFMEA's, control plans and standard operations sheets
- Proven track record in problem solving and the development and implementation of new processes within a production and manufacturing environment