Central Business Support Unit Cbsu Team Leader Jobs Vacancy at Citi London
Citi London urgently required following position for Central Business Support Unit Cbsu Team Leader. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Central Business Support Unit Cbsu Team Leader Jobs Vacancy at Citi London Jobs Details:
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18007281
Central Business Support Unit (CBSU) Team Leader
Competitive Salary Offered
Business unit is responsible for supporting the Anti-Money Laundering/Know Your Client (AML/KYC) functions within a country in accordance with global guidelines
Citi International Personal Bank is the preferred centre in EMEA for the provision of International Expatriate Banking and International Wealth Management for clients who wish to hold a proportion of their wealth outside the country they reside in.
Citi UK Consumer Business is the financial centre for Citi Private Client and Citigold segment clients.
The business is heavily regulated, for good reason, and all activities to attain objectives must be carried out in accordance with both internal and external regulations and controls. This role is responsible for ensuring functionally operating designed processes for the business operations in coordination with Sales, Middle Office, AML Compliance and Operations both for qualitative and quantitative manner.
Additionally, reporting to the CBORC Head (who is a member of the Management Committee for the Citi UKC and IPB Business), the incumbent is responsible for leading a team of CBSU officers across multiple geographies in the execution of their duties to support and implement effective and robust KYC process including Overlay/HRAC, Alert Monitoring referrals, EDD QC functions.
Close co-ordination is required with all departments of the business but in particular the Sales teams, AMLCO, Service Team, Regional AMLCO and Operations.
- Manage coordination with other team leaders within the UK and IPB CBSU team and other Consumer CBSU teams.
- Act as AML/KYC subject matter expert in mentoring and developing direct reports, particularly as it relates to the department’s mandate
- Conduct role based training for direct reports related to AML/KYC functions
- Conduct performance appraisals of CBSU staff and participate in the performance appraisal process
- Identify and resolve operational execution risks and issues to uphold quality standards
- Exercise ownership over CBSU performance and oversee overall BCSU performance indicators by addressing escalated issues and escalating those requiring overall CBSU/Business perspective
- Understand high-level impact of new system implementation on workflow as well as the controls and risks points
- Conduct client-impacting work and respond to urgent requests, queries and escalations in a timely manner
- Execute responsibilities with a dual emphasis on AML risk mitigation and client focus while meeting demands of internal clients
- Acting as KYC/AML expert, own the HRAC Overlay process from beginning to end by reaching out to Relationship Manager/Banker or directly to the client depending on the case with the goal of executing 100% of the process and making a risk assessment appropriate to the review.
- Use expert knowledge to exercise sound judgment to gather all relevant information (including obtaining relevant KYC documentation and clarifications) in order to execute independent verification and validation of HRAC cases to minimize regulatory risk.
- Perform reviews of profile forms (APF) form to ensure completeness and accuracy through maker or checker assessment
- Interpret client information in order to identify instances requiring escalation or necessitating further investigation/due diligence
- Meet agreed productivity targets for all CBSU activity completion in line with policy standards whilst maintaining excelled quality standards.
- Be able to access and leverage multiple technical platforms to complete assigned tasks
- Execute responsibilities with a dual emphasis on AML risk mitigation and client focus
- Track discrepancies and action steps to issue resolution proactively managing the interaction with other staff members and departments as needed
- Identify and escalate execution risks and issues and effectively troubleshoot/solve that ensure quality results
- Accomplish multiple assigned tasks (including time sensitive tasks) within defined targets and adapt to changing priorities
- Gather, analyze and furnish reports on strategic, operational metrics, key performance indicators (KPI) and ad hoc requests ensuring reporting due dates are met in a timely manner.
- Maintain the metrics and KPIs inventory relevant to performance assessment, including coordination within the Business and other functions (e.g. Technology, Compliance) to effectively process required updates to support information capture
- Track production issues and action steps to issue resolution as needed
- Utilize large databases to develop diverse reports based on queries, assess KYC Record details, and analyze findings to detect issues
- Provide strategies to improve operations quality and mitigate AML risk through strategic metrics and KPIs
This important role can give an experienced CBSU Team Leader the opportunity to develop their team and project management skills as well as further expand their knowledge in the critical areas of KYC/ AML and control interface as this is a regular responsibility of the role.
This role hereafter could be at various enhanced positions at in Business or Regional levels in the KYC/AML/ Control function which requires engagement of various markets for project management point of view, coordination and team management.
- Must have demonstrated success in a wealth management sales background within a financial services company
- Broad knowledge of financial products and services (in particular the operational processes around these), financial markets and economic environments
- Good knowledge of operational and regulatory environment as well as Citi internal Control and Compliance working practices and policies
- Strong written and oral communication skills - Ability to interact and facilitate across diverse audiences, including Senior Management
- Ability to support and obtain buy-in from others and lead by example of high performance
- Proficient Microsoft Office user (i.e. Excel, Access) and ability to perform moderately complex queries
- Relevant experience with similar responsibilities in a high volume, fast-paced environment and industry systems and platforms
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic project participation experience
Travel: May require limited travel to other booking Centres and Service Centres on need basis.
- Business experience in the Consumer and Commercial Banking industry and experience within a medium/large financial organization, including knowledge of banking products and different types of transactions and client-facing procedures
- Relevant work experience and understanding of global and local AML KYC regulations, associated risks of non-compliance and changing dynamics, and knowledge of KYC processes throughout the client lifecycle
- Understanding of the interdependencies of roles within KYC process and requirements for KYC Record successful completion across relevant client types
- Experience with regulatory compliance, AML transaction/risk monitoring tools, and solving AML related issues
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date: 16 March 2018