Accounts Payable Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Viking Cruises
Viking Cruises urgently required following position for Accounts Payable Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounts Payable Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Viking Cruises Jobs Details:
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 60 river ships and 4 ocean vessels cruising for example in Europe, Asia and Russia, there is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company.
We are currently looking for an AP Accountant to join our team. After the introduction to the company you will be in charge of the accounts payable accounting for our technical entity.
This position is based in our Head Office in Basel, Switzerland.
Please note that we can only accept applicants who are eligible to work in Switzerland or in possession of a Swiss work permit.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Process invoices
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centres by analysing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
- Assist in month-end closing
- Assist in VAT filings
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- General commercial education ("KV") or accounting degree
- Proficiency in Excel and Word, knowledge of MS Dynamics 365 would be an asset
- Fluency in English and German (written and spoken)
- Must be well-organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail-oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Strong problem-solving and time management skills
- Possess basic accounting principles knowledge documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours
- Free parking
- Free soft drinks, juices and coffee
- Regular company events, e.g. sports activities and cooking classes
- A modern working environment with height-adjustable desks
- A dynamic and fast-growing environment where you can drive your future
- A free cruise for you and your +1 every two years
- A highly talented, passionate and international team
- A brand new company restaurant with high-quality food
Please apply via our website www.vikingcruises.com/careers including your CV and cover letter in English.