Track Chargeman Picop Clapham Junction Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail London
Network Rail London urgently required following position for Track Chargeman Picop Clapham Junction. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Track Chargeman Picop Clapham Junction Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail London Jobs Details:
The National Operations function brings together a wide range of services on a ‘one-stop shop’ basis; it provides a network-wide procurement and supply service for plant and materials, provides logistics and ensures that blockades and possessions across the network have what they need to start and finish on time. This support mobilizes the massive works to rebuild and renew our railway.
To carry out PICOP duties and other protection activities as directed by the Operations Delivery Managers as per the Rule book and DC Lines Instruction.
About the role (External)
- Brief and maintain good communications with Signallers, Engineering Supervisors, Protection staff and drivers of Engineers Trains and On-Track Machines.
- Monitor possession activity progress and report details to Route Controls/AMCC & Duty Operations Delivery Managers.
- Arrange for Temporary/Emergency/Speed Restriction boards, magnets to be positioned as directed.
- Act as COSS/Handsignalman/Level Crossing Attendant/Points Operator/Strapman as & when required.
- Deputise for Operations Delivery Manager as required.
- Must be willing to develop presentation and effective speaking skills in order to deliver briefing at pre possession meetings to a large number of people.
- May be required to undertake On-Call as determined by the needs of the business.
- Ensure the safe movements of On Track Plant as required.
- Check staff certificates in date for validation and report same expiry date to line management.
- This position is predominantly night work, including weekends.
You should hold the following valid track competencies: PTS, Snr PICOP, IWA/COSS, AOD Handsignalling, Level A Isolations, Current/Clean driving license.
- Ensure that you and your staff and sub-contractors under your management or control work safely and comply with all current and relevant health, safety and environmental legislation including Railway Group and Line Standards.
- Ensure that you and your staff and sub-contractors under your management or control assess and control risks and plan and implement safe methods of working and are competent to carry out the task.
- Ensure the safety of passengers, the general public and the environment is not affected by the activities of you, your staff and contractors under your control.
- Ensure that accidents, incidents or near misses to you or staff under your control are reported to AMCC/Route Control, and to your Duty Operations Delivery Manager, and that the Accident Book is filled in promptly.
- Ensure you and your staff participate in the Company cascade safety briefings.
How To Apply- External
At Network Rail, you have the chance to develop a long, rewarding career. There are many different career paths - and many opportunities to fulfil your potential. After all, we believe that investing in our people via training and development is one of the most effective ways of improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railways. You can expect competitive pay, a bonus scheme and a choice of contributory pension schemes. We also offer a generous annual leave package, plus up to 75% discount on season rail tickets.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
Closing date: 30 January 2018
Contact details: For further information please contact Paul Duggan 07515628470