Research Services Administrator Jobs Vacancy at Imperial College London South Kensington
Imperial College London South Kensington urgently required following position for Research Services Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Services Administrator Jobs Vacancy at Imperial College London South Kensington Jobs Details:
Imperial’s Faculty of Natural Sciences ( www.imperial.ac.uk/naturalsciences ) carries out world-leading research in mathematics, physics, chemistry and the life sciences. The College wishes to recruit a Research Services Administrator to work within the Faculty of Natural Sciences. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a genuine interest in supporting scientific research to gain wide-ranging experience within a Higher Education environment.
Duties and responsibilitiesKey duties will include:
- Taking ownership of managing a portfolio of research project grants, which will involve the checking of all costs, costing and approval of staff contracts, reconciliation of financial accounts and invoicing
- Providing day to day support and advice to academic and administrative staff on research grants and sponsor’s terms and conditions
- Communicating with various departments across the College
- Liaising with a wide range of external funding bodies, including charities, research councils, government departments, the European Commission and industrial sponsors
Essential requirementsThe successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience and understanding of research grant and contract administrative processes
- Proven ability to keep abreast of sponsor terms and conditions, and to disseminate this information appropriately
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to influence people
- Excellent written, verbal and numerical skills with experience of interpreting and communicating financial data
- Excellent IT skills, especially in research finance related packages
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Self motivated, good attention to detail, proven organisational skills and ability to plan ahead to meet deadlines
- A flexible approach to work and ability to prioritise your workload to meet sponsor deadlines
- A concern for detail, accuracy and professionalism Previous knowledge of research grants and contracts in Higher Education is desirable.
Further informationFor any informal enquiries regarding the role, please contact Paul Stanger, Research Grants Manager via email at email@example.com . Should you have any queries please contact: Laura Honey, Senior HR Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org . For technical queries during the application process, please contact: email@example.com .
The College cannot normally apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship for this post under Tier 2 of the UKVI’s Points Based System. Any candidate, who is considering applying for this position and requires sponsorship, must ensure that they are able to obtain permission to work in the UK through an appropriate immigration route.