Shop Assistant Full Time Fixed Term Until Aug Jobs Vacancy at Victoria And Albert Museum South Kensington
Victoria And Albert Museum South Kensington urgently required following position for Shop Assistant Full Time Fixed Term Until Aug. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Shop Assistant Full Time Fixed Term Until Aug Jobs Vacancy at Victoria And Albert Museum South Kensington Jobs Details:
Fixed Term contract until 18 August 2018
Full-time (37.5 hour). This is a 5 day a week role and flexibility across all weekdays and weekends between the hours of 0730 and 2230 will be required
Expected Start date of contract 4 July
We are seeking a shop assistant to support our core retail team at the V&A this summer. The V&A is the world's leading museum of art and design. We enrich people's lives by promoting the practice of design and increasing knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of the designed world. Working within an enthusiastic and motivated team, you will show a genuine passion for our museum and products. You will inspire our visitors and listen to their needs, whilst delivering exemplary customer service.
The Commercial & Digital Development Department is the commercial arm of the V&A. Our business is to generate revenue, using the V&A brand, collections and exhibitions here in London and across the world. 100% of our profits are returned to the museum, helping to fund its programme and collections for the future. The famous V&A Shops are considered a benchmark in museum trading across the world, and set a standard to which others aspire.
- To deliver exemplary customer service, all of the time, ensuring a customer first approach.
- To be knowledgeable of our brand, what it is and why it matters and able to communicate this with confidence.
- To understand and adhere to all procedural standards required for the smooth daily operation of the branch.
- To participate in the daily replenishment of stock, ensuring that procedures are accurately followed and that stock is merchandised to the required standards.
- To participate in daily and ad-hoc housekeeping, ensuring the highest standards of appearance are maintained.
- To develop and maintain a broad knowledge of the museum including key visitor information and work with colleagues across key visitor facing departments.
- Be committed to health and safety and ensure familiarity with all of the Museum's health and safety policies and procedures.
- Be security conscious, ensure familiarity and co-operation with all museum security procedures and ensure you wear a security pass at all times when on museum premises.
- Promote equality and diversity in all aspects of your work by developing and maintaining positive working relationships, ensuring that colleagues are treated fairly and with respect/dignity and actively contributing to developments that support the museum’s strategy for widening access, inclusion and diversity.
- Carry out ad hoc duties as requested by appropriate managers within your department.
- Experience in a fast paced customer facing retail environment.
- A proven passion for the arts and the important role that museums play within the cultural sector.
- Be able to demonstrate a friendly and vibrant approach to customer service.
- You will be hard working, able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and willing to regularly change your approach.
- You must be able to communicate clearly and proficiently with customers and colleagues, both orally and in written form.
Interviews are planned for Thursday 28 June 2018