Senior Manager Tax Audits Jobs Vacancy at Boots Nottingham
Boots Nottingham urgently required following position for Senior Manager Tax Audits. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Manager Tax Audits Jobs Vacancy at Boots Nottingham Jobs Details:
Boots is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc, the first global pharmacy-led health and wellbeing enterprise.
Overview of the role
The roles main purpose will be to ensure that the group’s audits with HMRC in the UK are managed as effectively as possible and on a timely basis. Working with the VP, International Tax and his UK based tax team the role will make sure that the group gets onto the “front foot” with all HMRC enquiries. The postholder would be responsible for ensuring that contemporaneous documentary support for all positions taken in the UK corporation tax returns is in place and that all correspondence with HMRC is managed on a timely basis moving the group to a position where it is responding to HMRC queries much more on a “real-time” basis rather than several years in arrears.
Actively managing the corporation tax compliance audits with HMRC including:
- Leading the Group Tax written responses to and meetings with HMRC in order to meet target dates set by HMRC.
- Working with the Senior Tax Manager – UK Compliance to ensure a detailed knowledge of the positions taken in all UK corporation tax returns.
- Having understood the positions taken ensure a pro-active approach to the preparation of supporting documentation and other documentary support that it is likely HMRC will request; such that upon request the group is able to demonstrate efficient response times and robust record keeping.
- Take the lead on all written responses to HMRC seeking input from other stakeholders where appropriate and obtaining review from external advisors, if agreed with the VP, International Tax.
- Partnering with the Senior Manager – Global Transfer Pricing to ensure that the UK group is fully compliant with all Transfer Pricing legislation and best practice and that the group is able to document such compliance.
- Partner with the US tax team to ensure any positions adopted in the UK are fully understood with colleagues in the US and do not contradict or undermine any filing positions taken in the US tax return process.
- Partner with the Tax Reporting team to ensure any positions adopted and documented in the UK tax returns are recorded from a FIN48 perspective with corresponding financial reserves where appropriate.
- Help develop and maintain the group’s relationship with the Customer Relationship Manager (“CRM”) and his team at HMRC.
Our Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should be a qualified Accountant and/or Chartered Tax Advisor (CA/ACA or ACCA, CIOT qualification (CTA)) with demonstrable corporate tax experience. They should hacve experience with a top 4 or mid-tier accounting firm in the tax department and/or tax experience in a corporate group. An in-depth knowledge of dealing with HMRC is requied with excellent project management skills with keen eye for details. Solid Microsoft Excel/Word is also necessary to perform well in the role.
What’s in it for you?
A longer term objective is to assist the VP, International Tax with moving the group from a “High Risk” rating to HMRC to a “Medium Risk”rating. Over time there is the potential for the role to expand to include input into and oversight of audit and controversies in the non-UK and non-US countries in which the group operates.