Director Jobs Vacancy at Benson Browne Manchester
Benson Browne Manchester urgently required following position for Director. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Jobs Vacancy at Benson Browne Manchester Jobs Details:
Work Hours: Full time – 40 hours per week
Duration: Permanent Contract
Salary: £50-£80,000 based on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Our client is a rapidly expanding local business with great opportunities for committed individuals.
This company has strong values in which Staff are continually improving and delivering with passion thorough effective team work. They offer a vibrant and supportive environment; their offices are open plan with Managers and Individuals working alongside each other to give their Staff the best start to their career.
Our client is now looking for a dedicated IT Director to help drive their business forward.
- To lead and manage a team of software developers, supporting them in building industry leading, search engine optimised, robust and innovative website & software solutions that are fit for a dynamic market place.
- To develop a strategy for the team to meet the company’s goals and objectives, and to improve the quality of the service it delivers internally and externally.
- To plan and monitor the successful implementation of this strategy.
- Responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by team members, ensuring it is in-line with the company strategy – and that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Creating and maintaining a professional culture within the team, where individuals take ownership and are fastidious and proud of delivering excellence and quality.
- To represent One Call within the industry as an authority on SEO focused web development by contributing to internal and external websites, broking systems and various development projects as required.
- Heading up IT development for a large UK based insurance brokerage
- To lead and manage a team of senior software developers and software developers. Management responsibilities will include technical recruitment, appraisals, 121 meetings, identifying training needs, motivating and performance managing the team
- To drive the strategic direction of their websites, systems, products & services taking into account emerging and legacy systems/technologies
- To oversee strategy for both outsourced and bespoke code base platform definition and implementation
- To devise a tactical plan which can be collaboratively carried out by our development team – to implement improvements to our products, services, processes and knowledge sharing within the team
- To plan for team growth considering the blend/level of skills required within team
- To review project progress and overview of the performance of all individuals in team
- Coaching and performance management where necessary
- To facilitate technology and methodology decision making throughout team, including standardisation of system architecture, reusable code base development, versions of software tools, best practice, source control and deployment processes
- To make sure that all training and support that team members require is delivered internally or externally Software development
- To keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies
- To take control over critical support instances and putting into place the correct escalation and process to manage and resolve issue as soon as possible
- To create a culture of promoting new ideas or up-sell opportunities within the team
- To make sure the development team are integrating other team’s services efficiently and that they are offering technical input into how all One Call offerings can be delivered and improved
- To strive to ensure that processes and appropriate levels of knowledge are shared between teams
- To stay aware of latest data protection and security threats and to make sure we mitigate against these risks against known industry standards
- A high level of SEO experience, specifically onsite optimisation, but also a full and broad knowledge of effective SEO strategies and techniques
- Advanced level (knowledge and experience) of programming languages and methodologies?