Weekend Zoo Ranger Jobs Vacancy at Chester Zoo Chester
Chester Zoo Chester urgently required following position for Weekend Zoo Ranger. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Weekend Zoo Ranger Jobs Vacancy at Chester Zoo Chester Jobs Details:
Our Zoo Rangers deliver public education around the zoo, including animal talks and tours, one to one intellectual engagement, exhibition supervision, interpretation and other educational activities. Audiences of all ages, and vary from 1 to 500 or more, so there is lots of public interaction requiring a confident and outgoing personality.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in Zoo Biology or a conservation-related field, and have a wide ranging knowledge of the natural world and animal behaviours
- A creative mind, and be able to develop and deliver engaging, high quality, intellectual public engagement opportunities for our visitors
- Excellent customer service skills, and be able to work alone as well as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the role is all about effective communication
- Good organisational and time management skills
- A good working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office packages, as well as iPads and apps
The salary for this role £4,826.04 per annum (this includes our 2018 pay award which is effective from 1 st January 2018)
This is a permanent weekend position based on 21 hours per fortnight, working three days in 14. This will be rostered as two days one weekend and one day the following weekend. This may include occasional evening work too.
In addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found at http://www.chesterzoo.org/footer/careers/working-at-chester-zoo .
Due to the nature of the organisation and the role, this post is subject to a DBS check.
To apply for this position, please provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for our Zoo Ranger role to http://www.chesterzoo.org/footer/careers .
Closing date for applications is Sunday 21st January 2018.