Transport Planner Jobs Vacancy at Wastecycle Nottingham
Wastecycle Nottingham urgently required following position for Transport Planner. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Transport Planner Jobs Vacancy at Wastecycle Nottingham Jobs Details:
Transport Planner – NOTTINGHAM
We have an opportunity for an energetic, well organised and results driven individual to join our transport team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing route efficiency and utilising optimum disposal outlets within the area to ensure effective use of vehicles and facilities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage driver availability and coverage in line with legislation and company procedures to ensure that there is suitable coverage at all times.
- Proactive vehicle management, including liaison with fleet, safe vehicle operations.
- Supervise vehicle availability on a daily basis ensuring that drivers have completed their checks in accordance with company policy.
- Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs eg. running and analysing Depot reports.
- Ensure all administrative tasks associated with the Dispatch office are completed, including time sheets, tachograph records, payroll records, holiday rotas.
- In conjunction with the Service Delivery Manager, ensures that mandatory training, induction and toolbox talks are delivered in line with company policy.
- Monitor service levels and suggest corrective action where appropriate.
- For unplanned and unscheduled work the controller is required to plan and mobile resources according to customer needs.
- General administration to include resolving invoice queries, processing timesheets for payroll
- Maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external customers.
Suitable candidates will have experience in a similar role within a Services or Logistics industry, preferably with waste industry knowledge , although this is not essential. You will be able to demonstrate excellent customer service and planning and organisational skills and be a strong communicator.
Wastecycle (part of the ENVA Group) is the East Midlands leading Recycling and Resource Management companies collecting and processing in excess of 500,000 tonnes waste per year, providing a comprehensive waste collection and recycling service to Industrial, Commercial, Construction and local Authority customers. We are proud to say that in excess of 95% of the waste is recycled.
We operate out of a 20 Acre site with in excess of 300 employees across our Nottingham and Leicester sites.
This is an exciting time to join a progressive company who empowers its employees to grow and develop their career within the business.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.