Mechanical Design Engineers Mems Ref Jobs Vacancy at Schrader Electronics Antrim
Schrader Electronics Antrim urgently required following position for Mechanical Design Engineers Mems Ref. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mechanical Design Engineers Mems Ref Jobs Vacancy at Schrader Electronics Antrim Jobs Details:
Mechanical Design Engineers – MEMS (Ref: 2170984)
As a key member of the Mechanical Design team within the Product Family, you will be responsible for the mechanical package design of the next generation of MEMS sensors, supporting development through from concept phase to high volume production and their introduction to our worldwide customers.
You will meet many interesting engineering challenges as you work on our high precision and high volume products which must operate reliably under extreme loads and in harsh environments. Main duties will include:
- To develop innovative mechanical designs within inter-disciplinary teams that address complex product design and manufacturing challenges.
- To make use of mechanical engineering principles, materials knowledge, and simulation tools for concept designs, detail design and prototyping.
- Micro-electronic designing, fabrication and packaging processes to collaborate with semiconductor packaging companies to develop and qualify new First Level Package designs.
- Proficient user of 3D CAD modelling tools, preferably CATIA and SolidWorks.
- Developing product specific test matrices and conduct feasibility and reliability testing on new and modified designs.
- Co-ordinating the prototype building, testing and validation & fault diagnosis for parts/products within the Product Family.
- To have an awareness of Design to Cost and Design for Manufacturability.
- Develop D-FMEA documentation that follow NPDE^2 directed methods using APIS software.
- Maintaining product documentation (drawings, specifications, reports, etc.) within ARAS and Agile PLM systems.
- Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering (Minimum 2:1) or equivalent.
- Experience in 3D CAD packages & 2D drawing preparation.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal with report writing experience).
- Highly computer literate / proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Initiative, team working, research & problem solving skills are essential.
- A valid driver’s licence is required.
- Ideally have at least 3 years’ experience involving the design and development of mechanically orientated components and assemblies including building, testing, validation and fault diagnosis
- Familiarity with core manufacturing processes (Calibration, Final Function Transfer (FFT), leak testing, welding/soldering, and adhesive and gel dispensing).
- Experience of DFM, particularly plastic injection moulding
- Experience of high volume manufacturing processes.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer