Stores Team Leader Jobs Vacancy at Solvay Oldbury
Solvay Oldbury urgently required following position for Stores Team Leader. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Stores Team Leader Jobs Vacancy at Solvay Oldbury Jobs Details:
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Stores Team Leader is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operation of the General & Maintenance Stores at Oldbury Site .
· Coordinate the general stores team to operate the stores facilities in a safe, environmentally compliant and efficient manner in line with quality specifications so as to maximise the sites potential profitability while complying with internal rules and policies and external regulations
· To receive stores items from suppliers, check compliance with order, put them away in correct stores location and deal with the associated paperwork according to laid down procedures
· To issue store items to site personnel in an efficient manner
· To maintain accurate stock levels in computer system, carrying out stocktaking in line with accounting rules and procedures
· Provide administration support for the general stores service, address issues arising, ensure the automatic ordering system is working efficiently and processing ad hoc order orders as required using the procurement system
· Support the administration of master data for the SAP stock control system, adjusting re-order points and quantities, planning types, material creation and other activities as required
· Liaise with Solvay Business Services (SBS) personnel regarding invoice and order queries, using the invoice tracking tool
· Liaise with maintenance administration personnel regarding supplier order discrepancies and other non-conformances
· To update computer stock records system with both user issues and receipts
· To sort and distribute post across the site, and prepare post for dispatch from site
· To develop, oversee and operate systems for physical and electronic stock management of engineering spares in satellite storage locations, in accordance with Solvay procedures
· Maintain a good standard of housekeeping of the stores and adjacent areas reporting any defects or safety issues identified
· Communicate effectively with line management, other departments and contractors to ensure the safe, environmentally compliant and efficient operation of the stores
· Help in the implementation of company initiatives (e.g. Excellence programmes – Solmax, implementation of new stores systems such as barcoding etc.)
Appropriate literacy and numerical reasoning skills to enable efficient operation of stores facility. Maintenance experience; familiarity with the types of items in stores, ability to check they are correct, and to communicate effectively with maintenance personnel on their needs would be advantageous. Individual needs to be IT proficient, with SAP experience advantageous. You will have good communication skills, ability to work well in a collaborative team environment, follow instructions and adhere to Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality procedure s.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-West Midlands-Oldbury