Surgical Instrument Ordinators Jobs Vacancy at Helens Knowsley Teaching Hospitals Prescot
Helens Knowsley Teaching Hospitals Prescot urgently required following position for Surgical Instrument Ordinators. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Surgical Instrument Ordinators Jobs Vacancy at Helens Knowsley Teaching Hospitals Prescot Jobs Details:
Sterile services Grade
NHS AfC: Band 3 Contract
Full time Job ref
£16,968 - £19,852 Closing
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
- Top in the North West and 7th nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England 2014 and 2015)
Location: Whiston Theatres
Band 3 37.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 x Surgical Instrument Co-ordinate to join the Whiston Operating theatre team.
You will be responsible for
• the storage and supply of surgical instrument trays
• Sending instruments for repair and arranging replacement
• the receipt of loan instrumentation and consumables pre and post operation
• checking for out of date trays and supplementary items and returning them to the Sterile services provider for reprocessing.
• Setting up tray and supplementary items for theatres for the following day
• Tracking delayed deliveries
• Arranging inter Hospital transfer of equipment
Advertising Date: 3rd January 2018
Closing Date: 22nd January 2018
Interview Date: 8th February 2018
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to undertake this commitment.
The Trust is a non-smoking site. Failure to follow this rule could lead to disciplinary action.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust are committed to providing an environment and services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity, we welcome applications from all sections of the communities we serve to enable us to reflect their diversity and improve the delivery of the services we provide.
Any information gathered during the application process relating to personal characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010, is gathered for statistical purposes only and is not made available to recruiting managers at any stage of the recruitment process.
As a ‘ Disability Confident Employer ’ we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for applicants who consider themselves to have a disability and who meet the minimum selection criteria (essential) at each stage of the selection process. You can indicate your wish submit an application under the Trust's guaranteed interview scheme in the personal information section of the online application form.
If you consider yourself to be disabled or have any other long term health issues and have special support needs in applying for a job, attending for an interview or in undertaking any tests as part of a selection process, please inform us of any reasonable adjustments you require in order for us to support you in maximising your ability to gain employment with us.
Questions or queries on specific vacancies should be directed to the named contact/ recruiting manager on the advert itself.
Application forms are available in paper format, if you are having difficulties in accessing the electroinc application form. Please email email@example.com to request one.
We advise that you regularly check the email account from which you have applied for the vacancy. We communicate with applicants and successful candidates via our TRAC System and not NHS Jobs therefore please do not email us via NHS Jobs.
Please be aware, that we may close a vacancy earlier than stated, should a sufficient number of applications be received from which a shortlist can be confirmed therefore you are advised to apply at your earliest convenience.