Data Scientist Jobs Vacancy at Barclays London
Barclays London urgently required following position for Data Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Scientist Jobs Vacancy at Barclays London Jobs Details:
Overall purpose of role:
- Member of a world class card analytics and insights team responsible for optimising business performance, sharing best practises, developing and connecting analytical teams across Barclaycard
- Development of strategies and policies for specific complex business problems and use cases to improve business performance and delivery of business intelligence and insight that effectively communicates performance to stakeholders, as well as meeting internal & external Control and Governance standards
- Leverage existing and new analytical techniques to provide new insights into business performance issues and recommend changes to improve service/profitability
Research, Design, Deliver, Monitor and Communicate
Lead activity and direct resources required to
- Apply statistical and advanced analytical techniques to optimise and improve business performance for any Barclays Business or Function for specific complex business problems and use cases (eg. Fraud, Complaints, Customer Journey etc.)
- Develop strategies as necessary to support the business in achieving/beating financial targets (eg. ranging up-to £30M for Fraud cards portfolios)
- Work seamlessly with Business or Function teams to deliver initiatives and targets agreed with the business
- Design and implement analytically based solutions to understand business trends and generate long-term, sustainable value
- Development, implementation, maintenance and testing of strategies and new tools that lead to improved business performance, improved customer/client/colleague experience and improved profitability
- Identify need for new/ updated tools and champion the integration into strategies. Work with business and technology as required to commission tool development projects
- Ensure that strategies and policies are aligned with the Business Unit or Function’s strategic aims and are in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Consistently deliver champion-challenger performance tracking, and key productivity reporting. Communication of performance and proposing appropriate recommendations to senior management
- Create and articulate a compelling vision, incorporating strategic goals and short/medium term priorities. Inspire and drive high performance in individuals and team, enabling each team member to understand his/her role in team success.
- Set clear, challenging and stretched objectives with a concrete focus on business results, behaviours and continual development. Monitor and review objectives with team members on a regular basis, providing the necessary support and resources.
- Assist the Director of Analytics and Insights to share best practice across all MI and Analytics teams in Barclays – facilitate opportunities for colleagues and team members to share ideas and, connecting and working as a global analytic community
- Set the example and shape a high performance organization culture
- Act as a role model for leadership behaviours
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- Ph. D. or Master’s Degree or equivalent preferably in a Data Science or Quantitative discipline.
- Experience of implementing data capabilities to extract business value – in particular open source technologies
- Data technology literate with a detailed understanding of data architecture and data tools and technologies, in particular in memory/in database and open source technology (eg. Hadoop, Scala, SQL, Python, Java, R, SAS, Rapidminer)
Experience of advanced data analytics and insights techniques (eg, predictive, segmentation, recommendation and sentiment analytics, machine learning techniques and leveraging structured and unstructured data)
- Excellent and substantial analytical experience and financial services experience is also advantageous but not essential
- Experience managing multiple portfolios, and international experience is also advantageous but not essential.
- Proven leadership qualities & the ability to develop colleagues.
- Ability to interface with different levels of the business effectively to ‘sell’ ideas and concepts.
- Proven record of success in strategy development, problem solving, leadership, governance, and business innovation required.