Shopping Products Writer Jobs Vacancy at Buzzfeed London
Buzzfeed London urgently required following position for Shopping Products Writer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Shopping Products Writer Jobs Vacancy at Buzzfeed London Jobs Details:
BuzzFeed’s shopping vertical is focused on compelling, shareable, service-oriented content. We’re looking for a creative, resourceful, data-driven enthusiast who wants to research and recommend products that will make people’s lives a little better.
The ideal candidate is a reviews-driven enthusiast and is able to cover shopping in a way that feels accessible and relatable to our audience. They must value diversity and representation, love to experiment, and be a multi-tasker who can tackle deadlines.
We cover a range of topics — like beauty and style, DIY and food, pop culture and body positivity, and more. This person should have a good understanding of what drives social sharing, know when a product is worth the hype, and understand how to use data to drive success. Here are some example posts:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/ailbhemalone/we-tried-high-rated-amazon-lipsticks-on-different-skin-tones ( https://www.buzzfeed.com/ailbhemalone/we-tried-high-rated-amazon-lipsticks-on-different-skin-tones )
https://www.buzzfeed.com/cassiesmyth/earrings-that-look-more-expensive-than-they-are?utm_term=.naD1OYq28#.boeNZ1PKJ ( https://www.buzzfeed.com/cassiesmyth/earrings-that-look-more-expensive-than-they-are?utm_term=.naD1OYq28#.boeNZ1PKJ )
https://www.buzzfeed.com/ailbhemalone/7-cult-beauty-products-we-tried-and-loved-in-august?utm_term=.jhEEzvRKP#.bhG5D4XxN ( https://www.buzzfeed.com/ailbhemalone/7-cult-beauty-products-we-tried-and-loved-in-august?utm_term=.jhEEzvRKP#.bhG5D4XxN )
- Research, conceptualise, curate, and create original posts and videos around beauty, DIY, food and lifestyle topics
- Generate ideas for, and experiment with, new formats and content types
- Keep track of viral trends across all verticals, create content around them, and analyze the results of your work
- Must have experience with writing content for the web
- A love of experimentation and trying to tell stories in new and different ways
- A passion for sharing lifestyle content that’s entertaining and inclusive, but never prescriptive
- The ability to take on the perspective of readers
- Extremely organised and efficient
- Ability to handle critical feedback and improve from it
- Eagerness to work in a highly collaborative environment
- A strong interest in commercial growth and willingness to use data to inform decisions.
- No formal cover letters. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 3 x 75 word reviews of a consumer product under £20 you’ve used (beauty/DIY/food/health) and why it’s worth buying
- Provide links to your public social media accounts
- Attach a CV
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1800 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.