London Region Assurance Controls Manager Jobs Vacancy at Pwc London
Pwc London urgently required following position for London Region Assurance Controls Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
London Region Assurance Controls Manager Jobs Vacancy at Pwc London Jobs Details:
Who we are looking for
Are you an experienced risk assurance professional interested in working with a diverse and exciting client group in one of the fastest growing teams in Assurance?
You'll need well developed skills within a wide range of disciplines including a strong background in accounting/audit combined with process and controls frameworks, technology/Enterprise Resource Planning
In addition to your technical skills, you will have proven capabilities in developing relationships, building trust in new contacts and demonstrating that such trust is justified by delivering into the longer term.
About the roleWe're a fast growing business unit with a unique assurance division offering a broad range of services, including Audit, Risk Assurance and Transaction Services (TS), which are tailored to help mid-sized and
We take pride in helping clients to identify, measure and manage their risk profile more effectively. Our specialists offer knowledge and expertise, which extends to clients’ internal controls (including IT systems), technology, non-financial reporting, corporate sustainability and regulatory compliance.
In addition to supporting the external financial audit, we also provide a variety of internal audit and advisory services. Our capabilities support a wide range of businesses and industry sectors, on each and every project we undertake the advice and assurance we deliver is tailored and focused on the individual needs of that client.
Your role will involve the following:
- Working with a range of clients managing and delivering Controls Assurance engagements (Controls Assurance as part of External Audit)
- IT risk assessment and IT general planning, delivering and reviewing a diverse range of assignments
- Planning and sequencing the Assurance activities with our clients to align with the overall External Audit programme of work
- Providing insight to clients related to the integrity of the control environment, the efficiency of processes and the insightfulness of management information.
- Leading and developing your teams through reviews with our clients, building the broader skills of the team through effective coaching.
- Building relationships both internally within the PwC network and externally with senior client management teams on ongoing engagements
- Supporting the leadership team with the Audit growth agenda
- On-going development of in depth industry experience and process expertise.
- Opportunity for working from home? Minimal but project dependent
- Amount of time client based - 70%
- Opportunity for job sharing? No
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home? Yes - project dependent
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? Yes
- Amount of time PwC office based - 30%
- IT risk assessment and IT general controls experience including planning, delivering and reviewing a diverse range of assignments
- Process and controls experience including planning, delivering and reviewing a diverse range of engagements and reviews
- Understanding of Internal Control Frameworks e.g. COSO and end to end processes
- Experience in evaluating and performing risk assessments at a task and organisation level
- Understanding of accounting and ability to integrate effectively systems and controls findings to the audit approach
- Strong team working skills and experienced in developing junior staff
- Awareness of common project governance methodologies and the risks of project based delivery
- Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions whilst demonstrating integrity and courage to challenge the status quo
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques
- Strong desire for personal continuous improvement
- Awareness of current/emerging market trends and issues
- Following formal methodologies and applying risk and quality standards
- Technically strong & numerate with a commercial focus on engagements
- Excellent verbal skills and report writing capability
- Able to work without the need for day to day direct management
- Good at networking and building relationships
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity