Assistant Lab Technician Jobs Vacancy at Acheson Glover Ltd Fivemiletown
Acheson Glover Ltd Fivemiletown urgently required following position for Assistant Lab Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Lab Technician Jobs Vacancy at Acheson Glover Ltd Fivemiletown Jobs Details:
Job Title: Assistant Lab Technician
Reports To: Technical Manager
Hours of Work: 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday
Performing quality checks and routine tests on a full range of concrete products, aggregates to ensure compliance with current British and European specifications and customer requirements.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Perform and record all necessary quality checks and routine compliance tests to ensure products are manufactured to meet specified standards of quality.
- Assist in all aspects of compliance for accreditation within the ISO 9001 Quality assurance certification.
- Carry out testing of blocks, brick, flags and kerbs for compressive strength, tensile strength and bending strength.
- Conduct checks and monitor in-coming materials – sample and test aggregates to determine grading by sieve analysis procedures.
- Report quality issues and non-conformities to Technical Manager and assist in identifying root causes so appropriate corrective action can be taken to prevent recurrence.
- Assist to Optimise concrete mix designs/cement contents and proactively aim to enhance product quality and reduce production costs.
- Assist in trials and contribute to research and development of products and raw materials.
- Compile and maintain thorough and accurate quality reports and records of all quality checks and test results.
- Any other duties and tasks commensurate with the role and/or as required by the Manager within your capabilities.
The above list is not exhaustive but aims to provide a broad range of duties and responsibilities of the post.
- Computer literate (Word & Excel)
- Possess five GCSE or equivalent at Grades C or above including English, Mathematics and a science subject.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience within sampling and testing environment
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment.