Document Production Officer Jobs Vacancy at Shoosmiths Manchester
Shoosmiths Manchester urgently required following position for Document Production Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Document Production Officer Jobs Vacancy at Shoosmiths Manchester Jobs Details:
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Our Real Estate group is one of the largest real estate teams in the UK, advising an impressive range of clients including commercial and residential developers, investors, major corporate occupiers and banks/funders. Offering exceptional market knowledge the team holds an outstanding reputation with clients and the market generally. “Clients are full of admiration for this team, noting it combines outstanding technical expertise with a “very” responsive service” (Chambers).
An opportunity has arisen for a Document Production Officer. Providing support to our legal teams in the Real Estate North team (and occasionally other Practise Groups - via BigHand), an experienced and highly skilled individul is required to join the team. The Document Production Unit (DPU) will provide an instrumental support service.
You will be required to provide an expert document production service including:-
- Provide support to the RE North legal department
- Complete work as prioritised:-
- Priority One - Type and amend complicated documents such as contracts, leases, agreements, deeds, etc
- Priority Two – Production of letters, faxes, memos, attendance notes, file notes
- Priority Three – Company Searches, photocopying, faxing
- formatting documents in accordance with the Shoosmiths house style.
- Saving documents in the correct systems for access by PAs and legal advisers.
- Log all work received and produce weekly work in progress reports.
The role will have daily contact with internal clients.
You must be able to demonstrate:-
- an accurate typing speed of 65 wpm
- good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- legal experience within multi-disciplined areas
- excellent document management skills
To be successful you will be:-
- a team player with the ability to work autonomously
- establish good working relationships with all teams internally
- ability to work to tight timescales and prioritise
- use initiative
- client focussed approach with can do attitude
- Ability to prioritise
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Deliver a quality service in a professional and calm manner
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.