Field Service Technician Jobs Vacancy at First Military Recruitment Glasgow
First Military Recruitment Glasgow urgently required following position for Field Service Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Field Service Technician Jobs Vacancy at First Military Recruitment Glasgow Jobs Details:
Title of Position: Fire & Security Systems Service Engineer
Title Position Reports to: Service Manager
Salary: Competitive plus benifits
Hours: 39/week plus on call and overtime rota
Holidays: 25 days plus 8 public
Fire and Security Apprenticeship or equivalent with certification and a minimum of 2 years' experience as a qualified engineer is required for this role.
Job Purpose: Fire & Security Systems Service Engineer
- To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and extra works/emergencies in accordance with the contract requirements on Fire & Security Systems.
- To focus on the expected team behaviours for achieving significant results and outcomes for the business, helping SPIE to maintain its leading edge status within the industry and our reputation with our customers.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety at all times
- To be responsive and cooperative and achieve the required tasks set
- Be part of a cohesive working team which aim to provide a high level of service to the client
- To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Fire & Security Systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- To ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated with the Fire & Security Systems.
- To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all relevant reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
- To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub contractors associated with Fire & Security Systems aspects of the PPM schedules.
- To respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the contract as required.
- Fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Assist other trades as necessary.
- Manage workload and prioritise jobs appropriately
- To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
- To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
Health & Safety
- All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy.
- Interface with Service Manager & Engineering Coordinator
- Interface with Client Representative, Service Providers and Material Suppliers
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies: Fire & Security Systems Service Engineer
- Fire & Security Apprenticeship (or recognised equivalent)
- Health and Safety Training
- GCSE (or ‘O’ Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent
- Industry experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification and preventative tasks
- City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent
- Experience in IT & Networking
- Supervisory experience for future development
The core support team competency framework for the position are:
- Teamwork - actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams’ effectiveness through personal commitment.
- Planning, Organising & Executing – able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
- Commercial Awareness – understands the importance for managing costs and expense, applying the necessary controls.
- Risk Management – is aware on the impact on risk to the business and applies the necessary controls.
- Adaptability – is responsive and open to changing circumstance.
- Drive for Excellence – aims to deliver a high standard of work.
- Self Motivation and Development– is confident in own ability and is motivated to deliver, using opportunities to further develop.
- Customer Awareness – responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction.