Business Analyst Jobs Vacancy at British Gas Staines-upon-Thames
British Gas Staines-upon-Thames urgently required following position for Business Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Business Analyst Jobs Vacancy at British Gas Staines-upon-Thames Jobs Details:
The Business Analyst will be responsible for managing, identifying, documenting and communicating a project’s or programme’s requirements and developing target processes and procedures. You will work across business, Change and IS teams to investigate and define requirements for a programme or project. Through analysis and investigation you will determine the business requirements and understand their impact on systems, processes, procedures and management information. You will evaluate and analyse identified requirements, to determine target processes and user testing requirements.
- Analyse the business problem and support the business in defining the high level requirements
- Identify underlying business issues arising from investigations into the high level business requirements and identifies potential changes to requirements to address these
- Facilitate the development of business requirements through discussions, workshops & interviews with business subject matter experts
- Document business requirements including translation into detailed functional specifications
- Specify the reporting requirements, assisting in the definition of standard and ad-hoc report requirements
- Reach formal agreement of the detailed business requirements, including functional and non- functional requirements
- Support IS in understanding business requirements so that they can produce technical designs
- Support operational designers in understanding the business requirements and target processes as they design the operational capabilities
- Develop detailed target process designs, procedures and the key data required
- Provide input for test processes, documenting user acceptance tests and supporting the Business with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to validate that the business requirements have been met
- Provide input to the implementation team, where required, on how the new solution will work and help with the creation of any deployment materials
- Knowledge of best practices and up-to-date industry standards and ideas for Business Analysis.
- Experience in working within programmes and projects.
- Advanced proficiency level in utilising Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Understanding of UK change and project management methodologies and processes. Understanding of UK Change Governance process.
- Understanding of UK change and project management methodologies and processes.
- Understanding of UK Change Governance process
The Company British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Business Analyst R9934922’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 (dependent on experience) bonus and benefits