Senior Planner Brent Cross Jobs Vacancy at Capita Plc London
Capita Plc London urgently required following position for Senior Planner Brent Cross. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Planner Brent Cross Jobs Vacancy at Capita Plc London Jobs Details:
Re is looking for a Senior Planner to join our Brent Cross planning team based in Barnet, London. This is an excellent opportunity to move into a public sector focused planning role, working with a range of stakeholders on one of the largest and most exciting regeneration developments in London! You will work alongside Principal Planners in the team to help process a wide range of planning applications associated with the comprehensive regeneration of Brent Cross Cricklewood on behalf of the Local Planning Authority. You will be able to demonstrate your experience of major planning applications, be able to handle a case load of a range of applications, negotiate with developers and engage with a range of stakeholders. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible, forward thinking planner with practical experience of development management and/or planning consultancy.
About Capita Re
Re, Regional Enterprise Limited, is a joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Re runs the Council’s development and regulatory services including strategic planning, development management and regeneration services. Re will deliver growth in the Borough and develop a new and exciting consultancy business, which will supplement the core activities. Re aim to build better services, provide value for money, support the local economy and make Barnet an even better place to live and work.
About the Brent Cross Project
The Brent Cross Cricklewood regeneration is one of the largest development programmes in London and will deliver a £4billion mixed-used scheme covering over 150 acres. Working with the Council’s development partners Hammerson and Standard Life, and Argent Related, the development will create a new town centre for North West London, provide 7,500 new homes and a new commercial district with space for over 20,000 jobs supported by a new Thameslink train station and substantial highway infrastructure improvements. This new urban quarter will make Barnet one of the most vibrant areas of London.
What you will do:
- Process reserved matter applications and pre-commencement approvals associated with the Brent Cross Shopping Centre expansion in accordance with the outline planning permission;
- Process reserved matters applications for new housing, retail and office development as part of Brent Cross South development in accordance with the outline planning permission and wider planning policy framework;
- Working closely with the Council’s Regeneration Service to advice on the planning strategy for the new Thameslink Train Station, Waste Handling Facility and Rail Freight Facility, provide pre-application input and advice and determine the associated reserved matters and drop-in planning applications;
- Discharging a range of pre-commencement conditions including co-ordination of specialist transport, environmental and legal input to ensure the development is able to commence to meet key programme milestones;
- Provide support to Principal Planners and the Brent Cross Planning Managers on planning matters to assist service delivery in relation the project;
- Working with Principal Planners to provide pre-application advice to development partners;
- Carry out a broad range of administrative work to assist the processing of applications including coordinating the registration of new applications, review and appraise technical reports, plans and planning documents associated with planning submissions for the development;
- Prepare accurate and timely officer delegated reports and committee reports for planning and other Council committees, and briefing papers to Councillors and members of the public;
- Attend meetings of Council Committees, Cabinet and other formal and informal community liaison groups;
- Develop and maintain good communication and relationships with the Regeneration Service and other departments within Re, the Council and the developer partners and to provide excellent customer service;
- Acts as a direct point of contact to the project on information and documentation control matters and ensure that the document controls activities comply with project governance.
Your experience will include:
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in a Planning or related technical department in dealing with a range of planning applications and the processes involved as well as dealing with developers and engaging with a range of stakeholders;
- Some expertise in at least one of the following areas of planning work and a broad appreciation of the other specialist areas:
- Policy, development plans, local development documents and spatial planning;
- Urban Design, architecture, heritage and conservation, Masterplanning;
- Projects, strategic development, and regeneration, development frameworks, corporate initiatives;
- Development Management;
- Degree in planning or discipline related to post and/or experience in a related field;
- Knowledge and understanding of planning legislation and procedures and issues relevant to the post and ability to make quality planning decisions;
- Proven ability to read plans and maps to a good standard and interpret information spatially;
- Ability to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines, performance targets and produce regular consistent output of work to high standards;
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills and ability to prepare clear and concise reports, briefings and correspondence;
- Good negotiation skills and ability to achieve effective outcomes;
- Able to integrate and work successfully as part of a team and positively contribute to its development and performance;
- Ability to act on own initiative, to plan and prioritise and manage own work to meet deadlines and deliver outcomes within set timescales;
- Good IT skills including successful experience in the application of planning related and geographical information systems (GIS), Microsoft Windows, Word, spreadsheets and databases;
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills and experience and demonstration of investigating, analysing, recommending and presenting solutions to planning problems;
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day’s holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver