Development Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Electronics
Electronics urgently required following position for Development Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Development Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Electronics Jobs Details:
Come and work with us the “TT Way” which means we do the right thing, bring out the best in each other, achieve more together, champion expertise and get the job done…well! With approximately 4100 colleagues we operate from 21 locations around the world. Building the expertise of our people is critical to the future success of our organisation.
TT Electronics is a global provider of engineered electronics. We collaborate with customers in the transportation, industrial, medical, and aerospace and defence markets, providing them with engineering expertise and support through a global network of specialists and world class facilities. As a responsible employer we encourage all our people to “give something back” by supporting the local communities in which we operate.
Our facility in Bedlington (north of Newcastle upon Tyne) incorporates two divisions; Sensors & Specialist Components and Power Electronics. Sensors & Specialist Components are leaders in high reliability, high performance and engineered electronic components. Power Electronics provide custom solutions for safety critical harsh environment applications, at Bedlington specialising in microcircuit production for the civil aircraft, space, and defence industries.
Employee engagement is centre stage; we’re focussed on our employees and making TT a great place to work. Here at Bedlington we continue to invest and improve the site’s facilities, regularly get involved in fundraising for local charities and activities in our community, have a busy social club and have a group wide focus on ‘Build Expertise’ in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) subjects developing our current employees and encouraging more to join our industry at this exciting time.Role Overview and Responsibilities
Using engineering best practice the role will design and develop cost effective and manufacturable new products, to a project plan including customer specifications and timescales. Developing and utilising new technologies and materials to maximise both process capabilities and profitability.
Further responsibilities of the role will include;
- Project lead for assigned new products developed through NPI process
- Maintaining detailed project / design files for NPI process
- Product development across all resistor technologies
- Liaison with customers, suppliers and sub-contractors on all technical issues
- Design and control development projects, with regular reporting of project status
- Assist in the development of new manufacturing processes and applying to our products with a view to increasing commercial advantage and or quality
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to when implementing new products, processes or equipment
- Produce manufacturing instructions / standards for new products
- Customer support within existing and new product ranges
- Ownership of the design, applications and transfer of new products, materials and processes from development to production
- Support the team, for example generation of quotes and cost sheets, product enquiries, advising customers on selection of standard products
- Ownership of new enquiries recorded on CRM or NBO process
- Identify gaps in our product range and assess suitability of new products
- Provide technical input to facilitate inter-company product transfers
Minimum HNC qualified, but ideally a graduate from a relevant Science or Engineering discipline.
Industry experience would be beneficial.
Organisation and demonstrable project management skills are key, alongside effective communication skills given the scope of contacts to the roles both internally and externally