Project Planner Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail York
Network Rail York urgently required following position for Project Planner. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Planner Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail York Jobs Details:
Work as part of the LNE Signalling team to develop and deliver project plans / schedules on behalf of programme and project managers in order to meet overall requirements of the client / business in most cost effective and reliable manner.
Interview will be taking place week commencing 23rd October 2017.
About the role (External)
· To interact and become a key member of the project delivery team providing a quality service to support the effective delivery of the project.
· To interact and support the effective information sharing / collection with all the project stakeholders in an appropriate manner.
· Prepare a project work breakdown structure and plan / schedule which is capable of delivering the project objectives and providing effective project performance measurement and reporting.
· To develop the appropriate quality plan / schedule in line with the project scheduling principles and processes.
· Monitor and progress the plan / schedule and make changes as required. Develop recovery schedules and contingency plans in order to meet changed objectives as necessary.
· Input the planning issues into the project’s critical issues risk log. Review planning risks and monitor whether the risk register is updated accordingly.
· Report actual performance and variance against plan and forecast outcomes. Highlight key milestone and critical path issues to members of the team, provide an assessment of the impact of such issues and recommend solutions to correct the position.
· Monitor and audit contractor plans. Monitor contractor’s planning processes so that they comply with Network Rail procedure requirements.
· Interrogate contractor’s statement of progress for schedule adherence and payment purposes.
· Identify key resource requirements and monitor that these are properly booked and availability is maintained.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Relevant experience in the successful scheduling of engineering projects.
· Knowledge of railway investment planning systems.
· Experience of using a number of project management scheduling tools & techniques
· Membership of a relevant professional body
· Understanding of the engineering requirements of work on the railway
· Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range
: £39,514 - £44,453 Network Rail adheres to the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS). This is a government standard for pre-employment vetting. All prospective employees will undergo the required checks to meet this standard before joining the company.
Closing date: 09/10/2017 , L ate applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.