Cheque Processing Administrator Jobs Vacancy at Bny Mellon Liverpool
Bny Mellon Liverpool urgently required following position for Cheque Processing Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cheque Processing Administrator Jobs Vacancy at Bny Mellon Liverpool Jobs Details:
MyCareer Path Description and Position Summary
Pershing provides a broad range of financial business solutions to investment banks, broker-dealers, wealth managers, financial planners and advisers across EMEA. We provide sophisticated front-end technology and flexible middle office capabilities with execution, settlement and custody services. The CSD (Client Service Delivery) division supports the back office processing and functionality of the Pershing product lifecycle.
Based in Pershing’s Liverpool office the team is primarily responsible for the oversight of all outgoing payments and incoming cheques and are involved in the process of electronic payments (SWIFT, CHAPS & BACS) for the underlying investors of Pershing Wealth, Institutional and Pension clients. The role also includes any client queries related to the application of funds, resolution of payment related issues at Pershing’s various correspondent banks and the reconciliation of Pershing Client Banking / Nostro Accounts.
Further duties include the following:
- Primary Duties: the processing of Inward and Outward cheque payments in an accurate and timely basis
- Secondary Duties: Processing of client payments via SWIFT, CHAPS, BACS and Cheques.
- Manual creation of SWIFT payments via client SSI’s.
- To become a payments and SWIFT SME to support the needs of our clients and internal stakeholders.
- Reconciliation and monitoring of all Pershing Client bank accounts for the completion (or escalation) of any cash breaks.
- Application (or investigation) of any un-applied incoming funds owed to the underlying investors.
- Adherence to CASS / CAR regulations with regards to the protection of Client Assets.
- Ensure that all client and internal queries raised via email, telephone or Pershing query management systems are responded to within the agreed SLAs.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all clients & business units of the business.
- Executes all correspondent requisites in a timely and accurate manner with an understanding of the underlying business or specific client needs.
- Involvement in periodic review our team procedures, control models and KPI/KRI’s
- Compliance with relevant FCA, JFSC & CBI regulations
- Provides product knowledge and technical assistance as necessary.
- Responsible for the quality and completion of own work
- Any other processes that may be required with growth in client base or changes to operating mode
MyCareer Path Primary Responsibilities
- Knowledge of Cheque Processing would be desirable
- Understanding of general banking processes (clearance periods, cut off times etc)
- Good analytical and high level of accuracy is required
- Previous experience of cash processing or settlements would be advantageous, as would a knowledge of SWIFT message formatting, CHAPS and BACS Payments
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office products
- Good organising and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise a heavy workload
- Effective team player
- Excel, VBA & Database skills would be advantageous
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Merseyside-Liverpool
Internal Jobcode: 70611
Requisition Number: 1805292