Head Innovation And Standards Jobs Vacancy at Acre London
Acre London urgently required following position for Head Innovation And Standards. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Head Innovation And Standards Jobs Vacancy at Acre London Jobs Details:
United Kingdom, London · £competitive + benefits
Acre is engaged on an exclusive basis by FTSE Russell to recruit a Head of Innovation and Standards - Sustainable Investment. This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role in the momentous advancement of the sustainable investment global investment industry.
FTSE Russell is a leading global provider of benchmarks, analytics and data solutions for investors worldwide, giving a precise view of the markets relevant to any investment process. FTSE Russell is part of The London Stock Exchange Group. Through our continuous engagement with clients, we have become a trusted partner and source of industry perspective, building bridges and helping professionals perform at their best. Choosing the right index partner has never been more important. FTSE Russell indexes are trusted by investors in every corner of the world to measure and benchmark markets across asset classes, styles or strategies.
FTSE Russell has been a pioneer in Sustainable Investment services for over 15 years. The concept has moved from being niche to now being core to most of FTSE Russell's major clients. Some milestones have included the launch of the FTSE4Good Index Series in 2001, the FTSE Environmental Markets index family in 2007 and the Green Revenue Series in 2016. The Low Carbon Economy data product tracks the global transition to a green economy and in 2016 FTSE Russell also made available its ESG Ratings Model and associated data through an online platform. Most recently FTSE Russell has been pioneering the new concept of "Smart Sustainability" bringing together ESG and Smart Beta approaches.
Key functions and responsibilities
This is a senior and critical role that will drive innovation and market developments in this sphere. Managing a team of ESG specialists who collectively set thought leadership for the market on Sustainable Investment the team define market standards and ESG methodologies, develop white papers on ESG themes, and contribute to product development.
Developing Market Standards
- Defining ESG Standards and Methodologies
- Engaging clients and the market on standards development
- Developing a team with deep expertise across ESG data standards / theme
- Develop mechanisms to balance data continuity and methodology refinements
- Agree new methodologies
- Oversee analyst guidance on ESG indicators
- Working closely with those in sales and market facing roles to provide support on thought leadership on sustainable investment and deliver both internal and external presentations
- Play a leading role in client collaborative partnerships where these pertain to sustainable investment, for example the Transition Pathway Initiative
- Act as a media spokesperson for FTSE Russell on Sustainable Investment
- Develop white papers and research on sustainable investment
- Oversee strategy on corporate engagement
- Lead the most complex and challenging direct corporate engagements
- Develop propositions for commercial benchmarking service
- Manage relationships with GRI, SASB, CDP, CDSB, IIRI, to ensure FTSE Russell has an influential role with them and is a key player/ collaborator in global standard setting.
- Manage relationships with key industry bodies and associations including the UN PRI, the SIFs, ICGN, IIGCC, INCR, CII
- Develop wider market relationships for example with PLSA, CBI, Investment Association, FRC, and international equivalents
- Support policy makers and regulators working with the LSEG Government Relations team on Sustainable Investment
- Work closely with Product Management in testing and developing new product concepts
- Play a key role in shaping new on-line services and capabilities
In close coordination with the FTSE Russell Governance / Committee team:
- Manage the FTSE Russell ESG Committee and its Sub-Committees
- Develop working relationships with senior industry figures
- Develop agendas, papers and minutes
In addition to deep technical knowledge of ESG standard setting and methodologies, ideally globally across Europe, US and Asia, the successful candidate will demonstrate experience of:
- Overseeing and composing technical research reports and white papers
- Delivering on commercial objectives
- Contributing to new product ideas
- Working across industries/sectors: financial services, business, government and with civil society organisations
- Team management with ability to develop and get the best out of colleagues
- Experience of working across multiple cultures
- Software experience
This wide ranging remit requires a highly motivated, organised and disciplined approach to managing work flows, along with:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to be effective with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded and accomplished Sustainable Investment team and business with ambitious growth plans, offering the opportunity to hold an innovative and market leading remit.