Senior Manager Accounting Settlement Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson Ipswich
Willis Towers Watson Ipswich urgently required following position for Senior Manager Accounting Settlement. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Manager Accounting Settlement Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson Ipswich Jobs Details:
Senior Manager Accounting & Settlement
Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com
Corporate risk and broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day operational and financial performance against targets of a designated business segment of A&S and the delivery of Group standards in relation to finance management, compliance and regulatory requirements.
As an operational support to the Operations Manager, the candidate will manage a team effectively to achieve optimum performance against objectives and key milestones while maintaining compliance with internal policies, and external regulators. While monitoring team performance through the use of timely and effective reporting and escalation.
Manager of People:
- Responsible for managing, motivating and developing the skills, competencies and knowledge of team members in line with HR policies and procedures, including overseeing and managing of staff appraisals and objective setting
- Maintain staff competence by ensuring that staff skills or knowledge gaps are met with appropriate training and development so they are able to perform to their maximum capability and fulfil their potential and the requirements of the business
- Establish an environment that promotes respect for the individual employee and adheres to the policies and guidelines of the company
- Work with Human Resources to recruit staff with the correct level of skills and competencies, adhering to the company’s recruitment procedures and best practices
- Manage the performance of your team ensuring staff have clear pre-set objectives and get regular feedback on their performance, ensure performance appraisals are conducted in line with the firms’ standards
- Provide leadership, direction, advice and guidance to the team maintaining high levels of integrity, motivation and morale
- UK Based
- To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business. To ensure that all Associates that he/she manages are adequately trained and competent to enable them to be successful in putting the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way they do business
Operational Management and Service Delivery:
- Delivery of the A&S financial and operational targets
- Build on going, sustainable and dynamic relationships with BU counterparts to facilitate achieving financial targets through the prompt resolution of issues and queries
- Ensures that all operations adhere to standardised Group policies and procedures, in particular working with Compliance to achieve all FCA and other regulatory requirements
- Support management and the Company in the management of the business risks applicable to area of employment, as set out in the Willis Towers Watson Limited risk register
- Adhere to A&S objectives to achieve delivery of Team targets (as specified in the KPI’s).
- Monitor team performance through the use of timely and effective reporting and escalation.
- Update A&S Ops Managers on team performance and any potential performance related issues which may impact service as necessary.
- Identify any performance deficiencies and work towards removing them.
- Conduct annual appraisals; Set clear, challenging and realistic targets for the team or individuals.
- Review individual performance & progress with team members at suitable intervals and address any performance related concerns/issues appropriately.
- Conduct team briefings which includes allocating tasks/communicating job related information.
- Drive continuous improvements in service/operations (people, process and technology) to ensure optimum customer service and performance improvement
- Embed best practices and escalation procedures.
- Develop and mentor team members.
- Manage day to day workload for the team.
- Monitors factors which may cause team operations to be disrupted and takes appropriate measures to minimise their effects.
- Recruit, manage, develop and motivate associate where required in line with Group HR policies and procedures
- Assist with planning staffing levels to meet service levels.
- Identify enhancements to A&S process and assist in delivering improvements as appropriate.
- Challenge current working practice in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify when changes are needed and be positive in accepting beneficial change.
- Conduct Risk: To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable direct negotiation of challenging and difficult issues with Clients, Carriers and associates at all organisational levels.
- Achieve results through a clear understanding of escalation procedures and effective business communication routes / approaches.
- Keep appropriate records in compliance with procedures and regulations.
- Solve issues or conflict with or between team members
- Excellent knowledge of A&S control and compliance processes.
- Has operational experience of the insurance sector
- Possess a good working knowledge of internal and external processes and can advise accordingly.
- Wide business knowledge (not just A&S specific).
- Proficient user of Microsoft packages, especially PowerPoint and Excel
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers and many other options and Corporate deals.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.