Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Kennedy Recruitment Belfast
Kennedy Recruitment Belfast urgently required following position for Mechanical Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Kennedy Recruitment Belfast Jobs Details:
Vacancy Ref - 14399
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client based in Belfast, to recruit a temporary Mechanical Engineer. This role will be full time, require an immediate start and completion of the following duties -
- Undertake Domestic RHI technical site inspections
- Check that the accredited plant is in place and continues to generate heat for the Domestic RHI property;
- Accuracy checks of application data against observed information;
- A visual (including photographic) check of the installations against the relevant information provided in the inspection pack (make model etc) to ensure that the correct technology has been installed;
- Checks to ensure that the accredited plant continues to meet the eligibility criteria as per the Regulations;
- System checks to ensure the technology is working correctly and has not been modified in such a way as might adversely affect its performance;
- Confirmation that the technology has been installed in line with any schematic drawings;
- Fuel checks;
- Check for evidence of ineligible heat use;
- Inspection of pipework to ensure that the technology is not being used to heat any other property;
- Inspection of former heat sources to ensure they cannot be reconnected;
- Checks (in so far as is possible) to ensure no other plant installed which generates heat for the RHI property; and
- Completion of preform reporting templates.
- Where a meter is installed:
- Checks to ensure that they are correctly positioned, sealed, calibrated, and have not been tampered with; and
- Previous meter readings checked and new ones taken
- Assessment, evaluation, general advice/support regarding all technical aspects of the RHI Domestic scheme
- Staff Management, training, knowledge transfer
- A BTEC/Ordinary National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering with a minimum of 4 years post qualification experience, gained within the last 7 years in mechanical building services for domestic or non-domestic buildings.
- A BTEC/Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience, gained within the last 6 years, in mechanical building services for domestic or non-domestic buildings.
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience, gained within the last 5 years, in mechanical building services for domestic or non-domestic buildings.
- Be an accredited Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) assessor OR be prepared to complete the necessary training. (Training typically involves a 3 day training course, may require travel to mainland UK and must be undertaken within 6 months of starting in post. Failure to do so could result in the arrangement being terminated).
- Please note a Basic Access NI clearance is a requirement for this post at a cost of £26 to the candidate.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.